Xwing1O1

Re: How to setup Minecraft 1.16.1 on Pi4

Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:18 pm

irtexo wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:52 pm
Hello,is it already possible to use this with microsoft account instead of java account ?
(if i can avoid to pay 25€ for nothing :) )
By MS account, I'm assuming you're referring to the one a person would use for (and exclusively for) Win10 edition? If you haven't bought Java edition, then I don't believe you would be able to..?

Unless you're referring to a migrated mojang-to-MS account? If that's the case, then I'm uncertain. It's probably possible but I don't know.
“The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal." -- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World: Revisited (1958)

synergy

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:04 am

Xwing1O1 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:18 pm
Unless you're referring to a migrated mojang-to-MS account?
This is what a lot of us are wondering and, if I understand the situation correctly, soon everyone will have the same problem.

At some point (late last year I think?) they stopped selling Minecraft via a Mojang account and required you to purchase using a Microsoft account. Rumors are that MS decided to do this in order to honor their core value of destroying everything they touch. Anyway, people who purchased previously and have a Mojang account are still able to login. People with MS accounts cannot. But, supposedly they are migrating everyone to MS accounts, even those who already have Mojang accounts. In that case, nobody will be able to play Minecraft on a Pi unless a solution for logging in with a MS account is figured out.

Some people have said they got Minecraft working on a Pi using ATLauncher but I have not been able to get it working yet.

RasPiGaming

Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:14 pm

Another way to play Minecraft on the Pi would be Box86. That way you could play any version you wanted too.
box86.org
An RPi can be a gaming PC. As long as you have the right packages and software anyway.
Using a RPi4 8GB with Ubuntu Desktop 21.04, main interests are gaming and programming. Also occasionally uses two RPi3B+ and a RPi3B.

Return to “Gaming”