User avatar
Wildern
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:38 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact: Website

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Tue May 04, 2021 5:54 pm

Tried to run version 1.8.9 and got this error :| :

Code: Select all

Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release
[18:51:10] [Client thread/INFO]: Setting user: Wildern
[18:51:10] [Client thread/INFO]: (Session ID is <censored>)
[18:51:15] [Client thread/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.4
[18:51:16] [Client thread/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default
If on Windows, make sure to provide all of the necessary dll's as specified in the twitchsdk README. Also, make sure to set the PATH environment variable to point to the directory containing the dll's.
[18:51:16] [Client thread/ERROR]: Couldn't initialize twitch stream
[18:51:16] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Starting up SoundSystem...
[18:51:16] [Thread-6/INFO]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
[18:51:16] [Thread-6/INFO]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
AL lib: (EE) oss_open_playback: Could not open /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
[18:51:16] [Thread-6/INFO]: OpenAL initialized.
[18:51:17] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started
[18:51:23] [Client thread/INFO]: Created: 512x512 textures-atlas
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x6c4341d4, pid=29111, tid=0xb6029460
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_251-b08) (build 1.8.0_251-b08)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (25.251-b08 mixed mode linux-arm )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [vc4_dri.so+0x8ee1d4]  v3d_write_uniforms+0x668
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/pi/.minecraft/hs_err_pid29111.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
I followed the instructions exactly but still get this error. Maybe wrong java version?
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.

My friend finally came to the conclusion that Raspberry Pi's are small.
Read more...

ToborWinner
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 02, 2021 11:27 am

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Tue May 04, 2021 7:08 pm

I am not a professional, but have you tried running ulimit -c unlimited? Btw can you pls answer also to my question in page 7 rpiMike? Thanks, I am stuck there.

User avatar
Wildern
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:38 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact: Website

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Wed May 05, 2021 4:06 pm

ToborWinner wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:08 pm
have you tried running ulimit -c unlimited?
Yep, no effect. Tried export LD_BIND_NOW=1 to, still no effect. I've reinstalled java 8 multiple times. I double checked to see if the java version was java 8 not java 11. Is this a common bug? Or an unexplainable one-off?
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.

My friend finally came to the conclusion that Raspberry Pi's are small.
Read more...

ToborWinner
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 02, 2021 11:27 am

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Sorry I have no idea.

mtylerb
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 am
Location: Warburg, AB, Canada

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:30 am

rpiMike wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:11 pm
How to setup any version of Minecraft (java) on Raspberry Pi4 using the official launcher

Edit 9/11/2020: Download files moved from dropbox to github

Thanks to HenriZ for his launcher tips.

Please note :
Do this at your own risk.
If you have any doubts use a spare SD card.
I'm using the official 5.1V 3.0A power supply, with the Pi4 4GB in an open sided case with small fan (currently off).
Should work on 2GB,4GB,8GB Pi4 and Pi400.
I do not advise trying to run this over VNC.
Please make sure you are using your own valid Minecraft account.

This tutorial should work on Raspberry Pi OS 32bit and 64bit(beta)

Video: Official launcher and MC 1.6.2 with Optifine - https://youtu.be/Qux-pIelY44
Have you tried the new 1.17 release, yet? They require the v16 JDK and I'm having issues with lwjgl, again. I don't know if it matters, but I'm running Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit and 3x RPi 4 w/ 8GB RAM.

Unounited
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:48 pm

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:03 pm

Oh, I didn't notice that 1.17 came out, I bet that version would work better for me.

User avatar
billybangleballs
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:33 pm

I got 1.17 to run after a day of trying.
I changed the java version to

Code: Select all

IMPLEMENTOR="Oracle Corporation"
JAVA_VERSION="16.0.1"
JAVA_VERSION_DATE="2021-04-20"
LIBC="gnu"
MODULES="java.base java.compiler java.datatransfer java.xml java.prefs java.desktop java.instrument java.logging java.management java.security.sasl java.naming java.rmi java.management.rmi java.net.http java.scripting java.security.jgss java.transaction.xa java.sql java.sql.rowset java.xml.crypto java.se java.smartcardio jdk.accessibility jdk.internal.jvmstat jdk.attach jdk.charsets jdk.compiler jdk.crypto.ec jdk.crypto.cryptoki jdk.dynalink jdk.internal.ed jdk.editpad jdk.hotspot.agent jdk.httpserver jdk.incubator.foreign jdk.incubator.vector jdk.internal.le jdk.internal.opt jdk.jartool jdk.javadoc jdk.jcmd jdk.management jdk.management.agent jdk.jconsole jdk.jdeps jdk.jdwp.agent jdk.jdi jdk.jfr jdk.jlink jdk.jpackage jdk.jshell jdk.jsobject jdk.jstatd jdk.localedata jdk.management.jfr jdk.naming.dns jdk.naming.rmi jdk.net jdk.nio.mapmode jdk.sctp jdk.security.auth jdk.security.jgss jdk.unsupported jdk.unsupported.desktop jdk.xml.dom jdk.zipfs"
OS_ARCH="aarch64"
OS_NAME="Linux"
SOURCE=".:git:77cbd1b0c76e open:git:ba7c640201ba"
and typed

Code: Select all

export  MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
before running

Code: Select all

java -jar launcher.jar
and it ran.

No one was more amazed than me, and it was blind luck rather than any skill on my part.

I've omitted all the failed attempts, as they didn't work ;)

Everything else was as rpiMike wrote on page one of this topic.

Hope it helps someone to get going again.

Just to be clear, I'm using an 8gb pi4 with the 64bit beta OS but I'm fairly sure it will work in 32bit with the right java upgrade.
Grumpy old man.
Ex-G0KAP - I'd rather be doing it than talking about it.
"When found, make a note of." - Captain Cuttle

mtylerb
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 am
Location: Warburg, AB, Canada

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 pm

billybangleballs wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:33 pm
I got 1.17 to run after a day of trying.
I changed the java version to

Code: Select all

IMPLEMENTOR="Oracle Corporation"
JAVA_VERSION="16.0.1"
JAVA_VERSION_DATE="2021-04-20"
LIBC="gnu"
MODULES="java.base java.compiler java.datatransfer java.xml java.prefs java.desktop java.instrument java.logging java.management java.security.sasl java.naming java.rmi java.management.rmi java.net.http java.scripting java.security.jgss java.transaction.xa java.sql java.sql.rowset java.xml.crypto java.se java.smartcardio jdk.accessibility jdk.internal.jvmstat jdk.attach jdk.charsets jdk.compiler jdk.crypto.ec jdk.crypto.cryptoki jdk.dynalink jdk.internal.ed jdk.editpad jdk.hotspot.agent jdk.httpserver jdk.incubator.foreign jdk.incubator.vector jdk.internal.le jdk.internal.opt jdk.jartool jdk.javadoc jdk.jcmd jdk.management jdk.management.agent jdk.jconsole jdk.jdeps jdk.jdwp.agent jdk.jdi jdk.jfr jdk.jlink jdk.jpackage jdk.jshell jdk.jsobject jdk.jstatd jdk.localedata jdk.management.jfr jdk.naming.dns jdk.naming.rmi jdk.net jdk.nio.mapmode jdk.sctp jdk.security.auth jdk.security.jgss jdk.unsupported jdk.unsupported.desktop jdk.xml.dom jdk.zipfs"
OS_ARCH="aarch64"
OS_NAME="Linux"
SOURCE=".:git:77cbd1b0c76e open:git:ba7c640201ba"
and typed

Code: Select all

export  MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
before running

Code: Select all

java -jar launcher.jar
and it ran.

No one was more amazed than me, and it was blind luck rather than any skill on my part.

I've omitted all the failed attempts, as they didn't work ;)

Everything else was as rpiMike wrote on page one of this topic.

Hope it helps someone to get going again.

Just to be clear, I'm using an 8gb pi4 with the 64bit beta OS but I'm fairly sure it will work in 32bit with the right java upgrade.
Where was that first part typed?

User avatar
billybangleballs
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:41 pm

mtylerb wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 pm
billybangleballs wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:33 pm
I got 1.17 to run after a day of trying.
I changed the java version to

Code: Select all

IMPLEMENTOR="Oracle Corporation"
JAVA_VERSION="16.0.1"
JAVA_VERSION_DATE="2021-04-20"
LIBC="gnu"
MODULES="java.base java.compiler java.datatransfer java.xml java.prefs java.desktop java.instrument java.logging java.management java.security.sasl java.naming java.rmi java.management.rmi java.net.http java.scripting java.security.jgss java.transaction.xa java.sql java.sql.rowset java.xml.crypto java.se java.smartcardio jdk.accessibility jdk.internal.jvmstat jdk.attach jdk.charsets jdk.compiler jdk.crypto.ec jdk.crypto.cryptoki jdk.dynalink jdk.internal.ed jdk.editpad jdk.hotspot.agent jdk.httpserver jdk.incubator.foreign jdk.incubator.vector jdk.internal.le jdk.internal.opt jdk.jartool jdk.javadoc jdk.jcmd jdk.management jdk.management.agent jdk.jconsole jdk.jdeps jdk.jdwp.agent jdk.jdi jdk.jfr jdk.jlink jdk.jpackage jdk.jshell jdk.jsobject jdk.jstatd jdk.localedata jdk.management.jfr jdk.naming.dns jdk.naming.rmi jdk.net jdk.nio.mapmode jdk.sctp jdk.security.auth jdk.security.jgss jdk.unsupported jdk.unsupported.desktop jdk.xml.dom jdk.zipfs"
OS_ARCH="aarch64"
OS_NAME="Linux"
SOURCE=".:git:77cbd1b0c76e open:git:ba7c640201ba"
and typed

Code: Select all

export  MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
before running

Code: Select all

java -jar launcher.jar
and it ran.

No one was more amazed than me, and it was blind luck rather than any skill on my part.

I've omitted all the failed attempts, as they didn't work ;)

Everything else was as rpiMike wrote on page one of this topic.

Hope it helps someone to get going again.

Just to be clear, I'm using an 8gb pi4 with the 64bit beta OS but I'm fairly sure it will work in 32bit with the right java upgrade.
Where was that first part typed?
Into the terminal session.
Install java 16. from https://www.oracle.com/java/technologie ... loads.html

and then in a terminal, cd to the directory your launcher is in and type

Code: Select all

export  MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
java -jar launcher.jar
Once it's been run for the first time, then you can install optifine, and get a reasonable framerate.
Grumpy old man.
Ex-G0KAP - I'd rather be doing it than talking about it.
"When found, make a note of." - Captain Cuttle

orgone
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:39 pm

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:42 pm

Hi every body

When i try to launch 1.17 i have this error
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/client/main/Main has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 60.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

Do you know how i can resolve this problem ?

Thanks a lot

mtylerb
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 am
Location: Warburg, AB, Canada

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:14 pm

orgone wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:42 pm
Hi every body

When i try to launch 1.17 i have this error
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/client/main/Main has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 60.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

Do you know how i can resolve this problem ?

Thanks a lot
Minecraft, as of 1.17, uses Java v16. Please read the last few comments as that's what we were discussing.

Painadath
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:46 pm

mtylerb wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 pm
billybangleballs wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:33 pm
I got 1.17 to run after a day of trying.
I changed the java version to

Code: Select all

IMPLEMENTOR="Oracle Corporation"
JAVA_VERSION="16.0.1"
JAVA_VERSION_DATE="2021-04-20"
LIBC="gnu"
MODULES="java.base java.compiler java.datatransfer java.xml java.prefs java.desktop java.instrument java.logging java.management java.security.sasl java.naming java.rmi java.management.rmi java.net.http java.scripting java.security.jgss java.transaction.xa java.sql java.sql.rowset java.xml.crypto java.se java.smartcardio jdk.accessibility jdk.internal.jvmstat jdk.attach jdk.charsets jdk.compiler jdk.crypto.ec jdk.crypto.cryptoki jdk.dynalink jdk.internal.ed jdk.editpad jdk.hotspot.agent jdk.httpserver jdk.incubator.foreign jdk.incubator.vector jdk.internal.le jdk.internal.opt jdk.jartool jdk.javadoc jdk.jcmd jdk.management jdk.management.agent jdk.jconsole jdk.jdeps jdk.jdwp.agent jdk.jdi jdk.jfr jdk.jlink jdk.jpackage jdk.jshell jdk.jsobject jdk.jstatd jdk.localedata jdk.management.jfr jdk.naming.dns jdk.naming.rmi jdk.net jdk.nio.mapmode jdk.sctp jdk.security.auth jdk.security.jgss jdk.unsupported jdk.unsupported.desktop jdk.xml.dom jdk.zipfs"
OS_ARCH="aarch64"
OS_NAME="Linux"
SOURCE=".:git:77cbd1b0c76e open:git:ba7c640201ba"
and typed

Code: Select all

export  MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
before running

Code: Select all

java -jar launcher.jar
and it ran.

No one was more amazed than me, and it was blind luck rather than any skill on my part.

I've omitted all the failed attempts, as they didn't work ;)

Everything else was as rpiMike wrote on page one of this topic.

Hope it helps someone to get going again.

Just to be clear, I'm using an 8gb pi4 with the 64bit beta OS but I'm fairly sure it will work in 32bit with the right java upgrade.
Where was that first part typed?
i know it and i have made a video on how to install minecraft 1.17 on a raspberry pi https://youtu.be/s7jtzFZD-zw

dufustallon
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:38 pm

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:58 pm

billybangleballs wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:41 pm
mtylerb wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 pm
billybangleballs wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:33 pm
I got 1.17 to run after a day of trying.
I changed the java version to

Code: Select all

IMPLEMENTOR="Oracle Corporation"
JAVA_VERSION="16.0.1"
JAVA_VERSION_DATE="2021-04-20"
LIBC="gnu"
MODULES="java.base java.compiler java.datatransfer java.xml java.prefs java.desktop java.instrument java.logging java.management java.security.sasl java.naming java.rmi java.management.rmi java.net.http java.scripting java.security.jgss java.transaction.xa java.sql java.sql.rowset java.xml.crypto java.se java.smartcardio jdk.accessibility jdk.internal.jvmstat jdk.attach jdk.charsets jdk.compiler jdk.crypto.ec jdk.crypto.cryptoki jdk.dynalink jdk.internal.ed jdk.editpad jdk.hotspot.agent jdk.httpserver jdk.incubator.foreign jdk.incubator.vector jdk.internal.le jdk.internal.opt jdk.jartool jdk.javadoc jdk.jcmd jdk.management jdk.management.agent jdk.jconsole jdk.jdeps jdk.jdwp.agent jdk.jdi jdk.jfr jdk.jlink jdk.jpackage jdk.jshell jdk.jsobject jdk.jstatd jdk.localedata jdk.management.jfr jdk.naming.dns jdk.naming.rmi jdk.net jdk.nio.mapmode jdk.sctp jdk.security.auth jdk.security.jgss jdk.unsupported jdk.unsupported.desktop jdk.xml.dom jdk.zipfs"
OS_ARCH="aarch64"
OS_NAME="Linux"
SOURCE=".:git:77cbd1b0c76e open:git:ba7c640201ba"
and typed

Code: Select all

export  MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
before running

Code: Select all

java -jar launcher.jar
and it ran.

No one was more amazed than me, and it was blind luck rather than any skill on my part.

I've omitted all the failed attempts, as they didn't work ;)

Everything else was as rpiMike wrote on page one of this topic.

Hope it helps someone to get going again.

Just to be clear, I'm using an 8gb pi4 with the 64bit beta OS but I'm fairly sure it will work in 32bit with the right java upgrade.
Where was that first part typed?
Into the terminal session.
Install java 16. from https://www.oracle.com/java/technologie ... loads.html

and then in a terminal, cd to the directory your launcher is in and type

Code: Select all

export  MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
java -jar launcher.jar
Once it's been run for the first time, then you can install optifine, and get a reasonable framerate.
I gotta admit, i'm a bit stymied here.. i've just purchased a new Pi4B 8GB, and installed the 64bit Beta OS, and i'm utterly failing at installing Java 16.
i've downloaded the "jdk-16.0.1_linux-aarch64_bin.rpm" and tried to install w/ Alien, (using sudo and -d -c) and get told jdk-'16.0.1_linux-aarch64_bin.rpm is for architecture aarch64 ; the package cannot be built on this system'
uname -m returns aarch64
i've d/l'd the tarball but there is no install, so i dont know what to do with the files to "make java work" LOL

i'm guessing that there were some missing steps that were needed in your 'previous attempts' which laid the groundwork for your eventual success. :)
Care to bring us along?

mtylerb
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 am
Location: Warburg, AB, Canada

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:49 am

dufustallon wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:58 pm
billybangleballs wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:41 pm
mtylerb wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 pm


Where was that first part typed?
Into the terminal session.
Install java 16. from https://www.oracle.com/java/technologie ... loads.html

and then in a terminal, cd to the directory your launcher is in and type

Code: Select all

export  MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
java -jar launcher.jar
Once it's been run for the first time, then you can install optifine, and get a reasonable framerate.
I gotta admit, i'm a bit stymied here.. i've just purchased a new Pi4B 8GB, and installed the 64bit Beta OS, and i'm utterly failing at installing Java 16.
i've downloaded the "jdk-16.0.1_linux-aarch64_bin.rpm" and tried to install w/ Alien, (using sudo and -d -c) and get told jdk-'16.0.1_linux-aarch64_bin.rpm is for architecture aarch64 ; the package cannot be built on this system'
uname -m returns aarch64
i've d/l'd the tarball but there is no install, so i dont know what to do with the files to "make java work" LOL

i'm guessing that there were some missing steps that were needed in your 'previous attempts' which laid the groundwork for your eventual success. :)
Care to bring us along?
We never actually installed it. Just unpacked it and directed Minecraft to its directory in the launcher.

User avatar
abishur
Posts: 4498
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 am
Location: USA
Contact: Website

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:53 am

I'm setting up a raspberry pi 4 I wasn't using for my son as a reward for doing a summer reading program. I'd like to put the full version of minecraft on it and stumbled on to this tread. He currently has a minecraft account on an apple device and an android device. I'm assuming I'm going to have to get yet another license for it for the pi. Just to make sure, I need to get the java edition license (https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/m ... va-edition), correct? Also, I saw people talking about launcher issues with the new Microsoft accounts, is that still an issue? Once I get the license will I be in limbo until (if) a new launcher is made?
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

mtylerb
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 am
Location: Warburg, AB, Canada

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:00 am

abishur wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:53 am
I'm setting up a raspberry pi 4 I wasn't using for my son as a reward for doing a summer reading program. I'd like to put the full version of minecraft on it and stumbled on to this tread. He currently has a minecraft account on an apple device and an android device. I'm assuming I'm going to have to get yet another license for it for the pi. Just to make sure, I need to get the java edition license (https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/m ... va-edition), correct? Also, I saw people talking about launcher issues with the new Microsoft accounts, is that still an issue? Once I get the license will I be in limbo until (if) a new launcher is made?
You'll need a new license for Java Edition. Can't access JE worlds with Android version. I have all Mojang accounts and they work fine. Just make sure you select either Mojang or Microsoft account applicable to your situation when logging in.

User avatar
abishur
Posts: 4498
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 am
Location: USA
Contact: Website

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:30 pm

mtylerb wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:00 am
I have all Mojang accounts and they work fine. Just make sure you select either Mojang or Microsoft account applicable to your situation when logging in.
Have you tried with an ms account? From what I've been reading at the start of this year you couldn't make a Mojang account anymore and I heard that the launcher on the pi doesn't let you login with an ms account. Is that information outdated?
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

mtylerb
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 am
Location: Warburg, AB, Canada

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:55 pm

abishur wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:30 pm
mtylerb wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:00 am
I have all Mojang accounts and they work fine. Just make sure you select either Mojang or Microsoft account applicable to your situation when logging in.
Have you tried with an ms account? From what I've been reading at the start of this year you couldn't make a Mojang account anymore and I heard that the launcher on the pi doesn't let you login with an ms account. Is that information outdated?
I haven't tried. Sorry not much help there.

User avatar
abishur
Posts: 4498
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 am
Location: USA
Contact: Website

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:38 pm

I just tested it out, and no you cannot log into the Microsoft account on the pi yet. Hopefully Microsoft gets around to porting the new version of their launcher to Linux so we can get a pi version sometime soon. :(
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

dufustallon
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:38 pm

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:29 pm

I started my MC install after the MS Account fiasco. I was able to get everything installed and working via ATLauncher. Installing Optifine was NOT elegant and required some help from the folks at Optifine to bruteforce the issue. I am currently working on getting the 1.17 and JDK16 update to work as per the instructions above..

darowuk
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:09 am

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:18 am

Hi, have run into a few problems, I have updated to Java v16 and tried to run Minecraft 1.17, it ran once okay but since then it has been coming up with this error message, please can anybody help? Thanks

Code: Select all

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I let you down. Sorry :(

Time: 7/2/21, 9:13 AM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate library: liblwjgl_tinyfd32.so
	at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:147)
	at org.lwjgl.util.tinyfd.TinyFileDialogs.<clinit>(TinyFileDialogs.java:37)
	at dpq.b(SourceFile:217)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFWErrorCallbackI.callback(GLFWErrorCallbackI.java:36)
	at org.lwjgl.system.JNI.invokePPPP(Native Method)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1714)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1897)
	at dpq.<init>(SourceFile:92)
	at enw.a(SourceFile:21)
	at dvo.<init>(SourceFile:483)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:179)


A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Render thread
Stacktrace:
	at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:147)
	at org.lwjgl.util.tinyfd.TinyFileDialogs.<clinit>(TinyFileDialogs.java:37)
	at dpq.b(SourceFile:217)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFWErrorCallbackI.callback(GLFWErrorCallbackI.java:36)
	at org.lwjgl.system.JNI.invokePPPP(Native Method)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1714)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1897)
	at dpq.<init>(SourceFile:92)
	at enw.a(SourceFile:21)
	at dvo.<init>(SourceFile:483)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:179)

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.17
	Minecraft Version ID: 1.17
	Operating System: Linux (arm) version 5.4.79-v7l+
	Java Version: 16.0.1, AdoptOpenJDK
	Java VM Version: OpenJDK Server VM (mixed mode), AdoptOpenJDK
	Memory: 120109568 bytes (114 MiB) / 372244480 bytes (355 MiB) up to 1073741824 bytes (1024 MiB)
	CPUs: 4
	Processor Vendor: armv7l
	Processor Name: ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
	Identifier: armv7l Family 7 Model 0xd08 Stepping r0x0p3
	Microarchitecture: unknown
	Frequency (GHz): -0.00
	Number of physical packages: 1
	Number of physical CPUs: 1
	Number of logical CPUs: 4
	Graphics card #0 name: unknown
	Graphics card #0 vendor: unknown
	Graphics card #0 VRAM (MB): 0.00
	Graphics card #0 deviceId: unknown
	Graphics card #0 versionInfo: unknown
	Virtual memory max (MB): 2013.96
	Virtual memory used (MB): 1486.03
	Swap memory total (MB): 100.00
	Swap memory used (MB): 0.00
	JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx1G
	Launched Version: 1.17
	Backend library: LWJGL version 3.2.2 build 10
	Backend API: NO CONTEXT
	Window size: <not initialized>
	GL Caps: Using framebuffer using OpenGL 3.2
	GL debug messages: <disabled>
	Using VBOs: Yes
	Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
	Type: Client (map_client.txt)
	CPU: <unknown>
[/code]

mtylerb
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 am
Location: Warburg, AB, Canada

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:26 pm

darowuk wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:18 am
Hi, have run into a few problems, I have updated to Java v16 and tried to run Minecraft 1.17, it ran once okay but since then it has been coming up with this error message, please can anybody help? Thanks

Code: Select all

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I let you down. Sorry :(

Time: 7/2/21, 9:13 AM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate library: liblwjgl_tinyfd32.so
	at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:147)
	at org.lwjgl.util.tinyfd.TinyFileDialogs.<clinit>(TinyFileDialogs.java:37)
	at dpq.b(SourceFile:217)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFWErrorCallbackI.callback(GLFWErrorCallbackI.java:36)
	at org.lwjgl.system.JNI.invokePPPP(Native Method)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1714)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1897)
	at dpq.<init>(SourceFile:92)
	at enw.a(SourceFile:21)
	at dvo.<init>(SourceFile:483)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:179)


A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Render thread
Stacktrace:
	at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:147)
	at org.lwjgl.util.tinyfd.TinyFileDialogs.<clinit>(TinyFileDialogs.java:37)
	at dpq.b(SourceFile:217)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFWErrorCallbackI.callback(GLFWErrorCallbackI.java:36)
	at org.lwjgl.system.JNI.invokePPPP(Native Method)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1714)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1897)
	at dpq.<init>(SourceFile:92)
	at enw.a(SourceFile:21)
	at dvo.<init>(SourceFile:483)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:179)

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.17
	Minecraft Version ID: 1.17
	Operating System: Linux (arm) version 5.4.79-v7l+
	Java Version: 16.0.1, AdoptOpenJDK
	Java VM Version: OpenJDK Server VM (mixed mode), AdoptOpenJDK
	Memory: 120109568 bytes (114 MiB) / 372244480 bytes (355 MiB) up to 1073741824 bytes (1024 MiB)
	CPUs: 4
	Processor Vendor: armv7l
	Processor Name: ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
	Identifier: armv7l Family 7 Model 0xd08 Stepping r0x0p3
	Microarchitecture: unknown
	Frequency (GHz): -0.00
	Number of physical packages: 1
	Number of physical CPUs: 1
	Number of logical CPUs: 4
	Graphics card #0 name: unknown
	Graphics card #0 vendor: unknown
	Graphics card #0 VRAM (MB): 0.00
	Graphics card #0 deviceId: unknown
	Graphics card #0 versionInfo: unknown
	Virtual memory max (MB): 2013.96
	Virtual memory used (MB): 1486.03
	Swap memory total (MB): 100.00
	Swap memory used (MB): 0.00
	JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx1G
	Launched Version: 1.17
	Backend library: LWJGL version 3.2.2 build 10
	Backend API: NO CONTEXT
	Window size: <not initialized>
	GL Caps: Using framebuffer using OpenGL 3.2
	GL debug messages: <disabled>
	Using VBOs: Yes
	Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
	Type: Client (map_client.txt)
	CPU: <unknown>
Looks like you're missing the LWJGL TinyFD library.

darowuk
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:09 am

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:31 pm

How do I get hold of this please?
mtylerb wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:26 pm
darowuk wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:18 am
Hi, have run into a few problems, I have updated to Java v16 and tried to run Minecraft 1.17, it ran once okay but since then it has been coming up with this error message, please can anybody help? Thanks

Code: Select all

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I let you down. Sorry :(

Time: 7/2/21, 9:13 AM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate library: liblwjgl_tinyfd32.so
	at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:147)
	at org.lwjgl.util.tinyfd.TinyFileDialogs.<clinit>(TinyFileDialogs.java:37)
	at dpq.b(SourceFile:217)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFWErrorCallbackI.callback(GLFWErrorCallbackI.java:36)
	at org.lwjgl.system.JNI.invokePPPP(Native Method)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1714)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1897)
	at dpq.<init>(SourceFile:92)
	at enw.a(SourceFile:21)
	at dvo.<init>(SourceFile:483)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:179)


A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Render thread
Stacktrace:
	at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:147)
	at org.lwjgl.util.tinyfd.TinyFileDialogs.<clinit>(TinyFileDialogs.java:37)
	at dpq.b(SourceFile:217)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFWErrorCallbackI.callback(GLFWErrorCallbackI.java:36)
	at org.lwjgl.system.JNI.invokePPPP(Native Method)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1714)
	at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1897)
	at dpq.<init>(SourceFile:92)
	at enw.a(SourceFile:21)
	at dvo.<init>(SourceFile:483)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:179)

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.17
	Minecraft Version ID: 1.17
	Operating System: Linux (arm) version 5.4.79-v7l+
	Java Version: 16.0.1, AdoptOpenJDK
	Java VM Version: OpenJDK Server VM (mixed mode), AdoptOpenJDK
	Memory: 120109568 bytes (114 MiB) / 372244480 bytes (355 MiB) up to 1073741824 bytes (1024 MiB)
	CPUs: 4
	Processor Vendor: armv7l
	Processor Name: ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
	Identifier: armv7l Family 7 Model 0xd08 Stepping r0x0p3
	Microarchitecture: unknown
	Frequency (GHz): -0.00
	Number of physical packages: 1
	Number of physical CPUs: 1
	Number of logical CPUs: 4
	Graphics card #0 name: unknown
	Graphics card #0 vendor: unknown
	Graphics card #0 VRAM (MB): 0.00
	Graphics card #0 deviceId: unknown
	Graphics card #0 versionInfo: unknown
	Virtual memory max (MB): 2013.96
	Virtual memory used (MB): 1486.03
	Swap memory total (MB): 100.00
	Swap memory used (MB): 0.00
	JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx1G
	Launched Version: 1.17
	Backend library: LWJGL version 3.2.2 build 10
	Backend API: NO CONTEXT
	Window size: <not initialized>
	GL Caps: Using framebuffer using OpenGL 3.2
	GL debug messages: <disabled>
	Using VBOs: Yes
	Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
	Type: Client (map_client.txt)
	CPU: <unknown>
Looks like you're missing the LWJGL TinyFD library.

bigjango
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:39 pm

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:08 pm

where is the "Mods" folder? (by the way, thank you so much for this.)

User avatar
Wildern
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:38 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact: Website

Re: How to setup any version of Minecraft on Pi4

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:13 pm

bigjango wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:08 pm
where is the "Mods" folder? (by the way, thank you so much for this.)
Go to ".minecraft" on File Manager, and you'll see a folder for mods there (also if you have installed optifine your'll find that in there too).
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.

My friend finally came to the conclusion that Raspberry Pi's are small.
Read more...

Return to “Gaming”