lilyquiaime

Retro gaming starter set - recommendations?

Wed May 12, 2021 9:47 am

Hello hello! :D

My boyfriend is learning to code and I want to get him a raspberry pi for his birthday. He also loves gaming so I thought it would be great to get him a few things to go with it that would help him set up his own retro gaming, but I'm not really sure what else I need to buy. For example, should I get a certain kit to go with it?

Does anyone have recommendations / suggestions? Thanks for your help!!

Moonmarch

Re: Retro gaming starter set - recommendations?

Mon May 17, 2021 10:29 pm

If you purchase a Raspberry Pi Retro gaming kit, the SD card included with the kit will probably include copyrighted games. I would recommend you build your own Raspberry Pi gaming computer instead of purchasing a kit. Usually USB joysticks connected to the Raspberry Pi will be recognized by the computer. There are kits you will be able to purchase that will convert the Raspberry Pi into a portable handheld console. I play Doom, and Doom II on the Raspberry Pi with the GZDoom Doom source port. I had to build the GZDoom program. The GZDoom program does support joystick controls. Does that count as a retro game? I do not know which games you intend to run on the Raspberry Pi.

Return to “Gaming”