Pie_with_Berries

Minecraft Bedrock edition on Pi?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Hello,
Story:
I got my new Raspberry Pi 4B 2GB Ram and after I Instaled OS (Raspbian) configured Everything to my standarts, I started Instaling necesary programs for me (Synaptic, Guake Terminal, Qmmp, Dos-box - because Nostalgia :), GIMP, Firefox and Python 3 IDLE - because its not preinstalled from default :( ). After that all I instaled Minecraft Java Edition with a litlle help from rpiMike and got it runing, I call it "success".
(topic here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... c&start=25)
But that´s not main theme of this topic.

Well I got little Question (main theme of this topic): Can you run crysis on raspberry pi :lol: :lol: . did U laugh? No? Okay that´s failed joke :cry: but now to the real main theme
the question is: Is there any way that I can Install and play Minecraft Bedrock edition?
Many peoples wil say: Why you want Bedrock edition when you have Java edition of the game?
Answers 1.Java edition on Pi is only updated to 1.12.2 because versions 1.13 and 1.14 needs 64-bits and I want features from 1.14
2.I want to play with my friend (they only have pocket edition)

thank you for any answers
(if you found any mistakes in my english, feel free to reply. That will help to enchant my english)
(fun fact: this was typed from RPI 4B)

Your Pie_with_Berries
Don´t worry!! I´m Profesional! 8-)

Yanazake

Re: Minecraft Bedrock edition on Pi?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:46 pm

I'm interested in this even tho I only have the 3b+ in my hands.

Tried running android on it to get things started, but man does it feel BUGGY. Is there a decent android OS for Raspberry? I tried LineageOS 16.0 and it looks like garbage, tho i'm not sure if it's a software or hardware issue. [Probably Software]

Also, are versions 13 and up of Minecraft THAT HEFTY that the raspberry can't run? It already runs java version 12!

bomblord

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:04 pm

As the bedrock edition is available on Android you'll just need to wait for someone to get Android running properly on the Pi 4 I would assume.

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:12 pm

bomblord wrote:
As the bedrock edition is available on Android you'll just need to wait for someone to get Android running properly on the Pi 4 I would assume.
I suggest not holding your breath while waiting for "Android running properly"on any RPI.
The RPF doesn't give engineering support to get android running, Android on RPI is purely a "community effort" so, forget any GPU acceleration for Android for now.

see android sub-forum here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=73

gtechn

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:19 pm

Actually, according to the MagPi, there is a way to run Android on the Pi.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/android-raspberry-pi/

bomblord

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:45 pm

mahjongg wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:12 pm
bomblord wrote:
I suggest not holding your breath while waiting for "Android running properly"on any RPI.
The RPF doesn't give engineering support to get android running, so is purely a "community effort" so, forget GPU acceleration for Android for now.

see android subforum here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=73
I think that would encompass everything that is not vanilla raspbian with the pre-installed software. No reason to discount community OS setups.

Gavinmc42

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:17 am

You might have to wait until there are some 64bit OS's for the Pi4.
Been some prerelease pics posted but 64bit is not yet out of the box for Pi4.

But if you have a Pi3B+ handy
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 4&t=231660
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:02 pm

gtechn wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:19 pm
Actually, according to the MagPi, there is a way to run Android on the Pi.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/android-raspberry-pi/
Not only is that a commercial implementation, that is you have to pay for it (some $70 I believe) but also it lacks hardware acceleration, and therefore is very slow.

And it probably won't work on an RPI4.

wren

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Have you tried playing Minetest? There are mods to make it more like Minecraft if you like the survival aspect.

Hirorails

Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:12 am

https://github.com/ChristopherHX/linux- ... s/releases
This installs a launcher that can be used to play Minecraft bedrock on Linux but the most up to date version of Minecraft bedrock is not compatible and the downloads for old versions are only for x86 so you will need to provide an arm/arm64 Minecraft apk I know that versions 1.16.0.2 and below do work.
If you are running Raspberry Pi OS run the Debian instructions and if you're running the 64 bit version of the os run the arm64 instructions if you're running the 32 bit version run the armhf instructions, the command also installs a slightly outdated launcher to fix this change the version number in the curl command from 510 to 540 or what ever is the latest version when you're reading this.

THEcuberAMONGus

Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:57 pm

get the 64 bit version of raspaberry pi os and then use that and get pi apps and then get minecraft bedrock.

Wildern

Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:29 am

THEcuberAMONGus wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:57 pm
get the 64 bit version of raspaberry pi os and then use that and get pi apps and then get minecraft bedrock.
I agree. Or u could get the popular TwisterOs(https://twisteros.com/) where PiApps comes pre-installed.
Last edited by Wildern on Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.

My friend finally came to the conclusion that Raspberry Pi's are small.
Read more...

minecraftoboy

Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:09 pm

So I got raspberry PI 3 b on raspberries OS
With 32GB MEMERORY card (my OS is 32 bit.I got Pi apps on it and then Minecraft bedrock on it. I can only get latest Runing
On it thanks to an update from PI apps,the rest of the versions don't work please help! :(

Unounited

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:54 pm

So I got raspberry PI 3 b on raspberries OS
With 32GB MEMERORY card (my OS is 32 bit.I got Pi apps on it and then Minecraft bedrock on it. I can only get latest Runing
On it thanks to an update from PI apps,the rest of the versions don't work please help! :(
My 1st idea probably won't do anything, but maybe buy the earlier versions on google play or find the apk's.

If I were you I would reccomend you login to your bedrock account.

minecraftoboy

Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:14 pm

I paid for it :geek:

Unounited

Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:11 pm

that's what I thought, have you tried logging in to your account?

minecraftoboy

Fri May 14, 2021 3:12 pm

Got it! The reason the black box was around me was I had linux kernal on 64 bit mode not the default 32 bit mode. The 64 bit mode messed with the launcher and
broke it. So if you want to run it you have have the linux kernal on default

Return to “Gaming”