UselessNewbie

Can't Transfer ROMs to Pi Please Help

Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:10 pm

Hello Everyone

I'm sorry if this had been asked before, but I've recently got a Raspberry Pi and its Version 4.4 according to my settings. So anyway I use the Pi as PS1 emulator, and a friend set it up for me, all included ROMs and the Pi itself work fine, but when I try to add a new ROM it just doesn't work. Why? Please help as I don't understand what I've done wrong and have tried everything, and followed many tutorials online.

I've tried using a USB stick, went into my settings, enabled USB ROMs service, plugged into my PC, formatted it to FAT 32, and then safely ejected it, plugged into the PI, waited for the light to stop flashing, created a folder "RetroPie", put it back into my PC, waited for it stop flashing again, added to extracted ROMs into the correct folder "PSX" put it back into the Pi, reset it and nothing, I've also tried transferring them through SSH but that doesn't work either. I've also tried tried plugging and ethernet cable directly into the Pi as well. What have I done wrong?

I know I may sound stupid, but I'm new to this and can't figure it out.

RpiAnon

Re: Can't Transfer ROMs to Pi Please Help

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:39 pm

This channel has some RetroPie tutorials such as setting up Neo Geo CD. You could use a linux distro which makes things less dependent on ssh or samba.

https://odysee.com/@Linux_Gaming:2/RetroPie_tut_v001:e

butchkemper

Re: Can't Transfer ROMs to Pi Please Help

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:20 am

UselessNewbie wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:10 pm
Hello Everyone

I'm sorry if this had been asked before, but I've recently got a Raspberry Pi and its Version 4.4 according to my settings. So anyway I use the Pi as PS1 emulator, and a friend set it up for me, all included ROMs and the Pi itself work fine, but when I try to add a new ROM it just doesn't work. Why? Please help as I don't understand what I've done wrong and have tried everything, and followed many tutorials online.

I've tried using a USB stick, went into my settings, enabled USB ROMs service, plugged into my PC, formatted it to FAT 32, and then safely ejected it, plugged into the PI, waited for the light to stop flashing, created a folder "RetroPie", put it back into my PC, waited for it stop flashing again, added to extracted ROMs into the correct folder "PSX" put it back into the Pi, reset it and nothing, I've also fried transferring them through SSH but that doesn't work either. I've also tried tried plugging and ethernet cable directly into the Pi as well. What have I done wrong?

I know I may sound stupid, but I'm new to this and can't figure it out.
Go to the RetroPie site and you will find the information needed to accomplish the task and there is a forum dedicated to RetroPie problems and solutions.

Butch

Return to “Gaming”