rrdein

Re: Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons for LibreELEC

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Super-confused here. I've seen you repeatedly refer to Gamestarter as the "Gamestarter addon" when discussing my exact issue with other people, but I cannot find any addon by that name. I have installed all the other addons. I installed the libretro cores through Retroarch settings. Still I am having the problem where I see the Gamestarter splash screen and my Raspberry Pi (running Openelec) reboots. I assume that by now this is a known issue... All I did was (twice) follow the directions on your Github exactly on a fresh install of OpenElec. What am I missing?

bite_your_idols

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:59 pm

rrdein wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:51 pm
Super-confused here. I've seen you repeatedly refer to Gamestarter as the "Gamestarter addon" when discussing my exact issue with other people, but I cannot find any addon by that name. I have installed all the other addons. I installed the libretro cores through Retroarch settings. Still I am having the problem where I see the Gamestarter splash screen and my Raspberry Pi (running Openelec) reboots. I assume that by now this is a known issue... All I did was (twice) follow the directions on your Github exactly on a fresh install of OpenElec. What am I missing?
As you can read in github page:
Gamestarter add-on repository
Retrogaming Kodi add-ons for LibreELEC (RPi2/3 & Generic x86_64)
you should move from Open to Libre if you want to use the addons...

or... you can us the old all-in-one addon with no support:
https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Game ... es/tag/2.9

rrdein

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:29 am

Thank you very much for getting back to me so fast. I think the standalone is what I need. I think where the problem comes in is that there are several places like http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/802 ... g-addon-pi where you or someone else has specifically described OpenElec support -and- linked to your Github page, which apparently no longer has OpenElec support. I am sure that as a developer it is hard to account for all these things, but as an end user I am of course just going to follow the steps starting from wherever I saw you post about your addon. I attempted to figure this out over and over with countless Google searches before posting here as a last resort. If there were simply a note on your Github page explaining that OpenElec was no longer supported, and for OE users to use the older version or migrate to LE, it would have saved me a great many hours. It is no longer an issue for me, but in the interest of less frustration for others in the future I would like to request that the project page be updated to more explicitly state the sudden incompatibility of an entire OS. I appreciate the work you have done and I believe that this tiny change would have the side effect of getting people to simply switch to a supported OS instead of giving up on your addon completely, as I suspect many OE users have.
Last edited by rrdein on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

rrdein

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 am

Again I want to emphasize that I appreciate the work you have done here and I believe that putting a simple note about this on your Github will have a positive effect on the size of your user base. I hope I am not out of line in suggesting this.

bite_your_idols

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:58 am

rrdein wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 am
Again I want to emphasize that I appreciate the work you have done here and I believe that putting a simple note about this on your Github will have a positive effect on the size of your user base. I hope I am not out of line in suggesting this.
When you enter github page you can read title:
Retrogaming kodi add-on repository for LibreELEC
Following by:

Code: Select all

If you are looking for old Gamestarter addon please visit this link.
If you visit that link you have all documentation about old all-in-one version, what is refered in old forum posts.

If you go to github releases page you can see the release notes for v3 and v2.x where you can see what version works with what OS.

If you go to issues page and search for "OpenELEC", the latest issue (and some else) talks about this subject.

Also, in OpenELEC forums Gamestarter thread latest posts are about this subject, in LibreELEC and Kodi forums Gamestarter thread I remember I talked about it...

FInally, in this very forum thread you can read my post few posts above talking about no more OE support:

Code: Select all

Since LibreELEC is becoming "official" kodi OS I am not going to support OpenELEC so I recommend you to switch to LE8 what will cost you about 5 minutes.

3dh

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:47 am

Google translator:
Can you tell me how to do something similar to AEL directly in RetroArch? I want to have a directory with emulators and roms in RetroArch, because AEL is useless (now nothing works).

Thank you for your help.

bite_your_idols

Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:46 am

3dh wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:47 am
Google translator:
Can you tell me how to do something similar to AEL directly in RetroArch? I want to have a directory with emulators and roms in RetroArch, because AEL is useless (now nothing works).

Thank you for your help.
In RetroArch you can create Playlists and download thumbnails. You can get some info about it here: https://www.libretro.com/index.php/gett ... retroarch/ (scroll down until "Loading, Adding & Scanning Content" section).

About AEL, I recommend to you to delete both addon and userdata folders and download new 0.9.7 version from repo. The follow this intrusction from gamestarter github:
After installing this addon you should download this file and unzip it in /storage/emulators/ folder. Then, go to AEL settings → I/O → Import category/launcher configuration... and select the systems you want to import one by one or select whole systems import config file (/storage/emulators/ael-assets/Gamestarter - Category assets.xml).

d0is

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:12 pm

So, yesterday i've installed this on a rpi3 with libreelec 8.0.2 and connected my dualshock 4 via bluetooth to navigate trhough kodi and when i opened retroarch it worked out of the box with the dualshock 4. Today i did a fresh install on another sd card, in the same rpi3 and with the same configurations and the dualshock 4 works fine for kodi, but when i open retroarch it doesn't work at all. If i open retroarch with my keyboard and after that turn on my DS4 it kind of works. But if open the retroarch with the DS4 and nothing works, even the keyboard.

Any toughts?

Thank you.

bite_your_idols

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:11 am

d0is wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:12 pm
So, yesterday i've installed this on a rpi3 with libreelec 8.0.2 and connected my dualshock 4 via bluetooth to navigate trhough kodi and when i opened retroarch it worked out of the box with the dualshock 4. Today i did a fresh install on another sd card, in the same rpi3 and with the same configurations and the dualshock 4 works fine for kodi, but when i open retroarch it doesn't work at all. If i open retroarch with my keyboard and after that turn on my DS4 it kind of works. But if open the retroarch with the DS4 and nothing works, even the keyboard.

Any toughts?

Thank you.
Duplicate issue, we continue over here:
https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Game ... /issues/88

Return to “Gaming”