SQUID-INK7
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 am
Location: somewhere on earth

Scratch 2.0 without chromium

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:25 am

I have been trying to get spotify working on my pi for a long time and have finally achieved it by running it on a modified version of chromium but scratch 2 will only run if I have the original chromium downloaded and I wondered if there was a way to run scratch 2 without the original chromium installed.
Any help on this matter would be great, thank you.

ShiftPlusOne
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 5346
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:36 pm
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Re: Scratch 2.0 without chromium

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:45 am

I'm guessing that's because rpi-chromium-mods contains flash, which is required for scratch 2. If you can extract it from that package and place it in the right location, maybe that's all you need.

SQUID-INK7
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 am
Location: somewhere on earth

Re: Scratch 2.0 without chromium

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:20 am

I found the folder rpi-chromium-mods but all I found was two leafpad files listing copyright and changelog.

DirkS
Posts: 9260
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Essex, UK

Re: Scratch 2.0 without chromium

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:56 am

SQUID-INK7 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:20 am
I found the folder rpi-chromium-mods but all I found was two leafpad files listing copyright and changelog.
it's not a folder, but an installable package (.deb file). It may still be in the apt cache, but if it's not you have to download from the RPF repository
Get the latest armhf version at http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/p ... mium-mods/

SQUID-INK7
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 am
Location: somewhere on earth

Re: Scratch 2.0 without chromium

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:58 pm

The .deb package installs and uninstalls whenever you install (or uninstall) chromium, so does scratch 2. I am looking for a way to avoid the uninstallation of scratch 2 when I delete chromium.

SQUID-INK7
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 am
Location: somewhere on earth

Re: Scratch 2.0 without chromium

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:17 pm

Would there be any way to force the pi to keep some packages?

SQUID-INK7
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 am
Location: somewhere on earth

Re: Scratch 2.0 without chromium

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:49 am

Thanks everyone for your help but I have just got Exagear running and have downloaded spotify from that so I no longer need help with this issue.

JamesPi123
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:02 pm
Location: Inside my Pi
Contact: Website

Re: Scratch 2.0 without chromium

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:03 am

SQUID-INK7 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:49 am
Thanks everyone for your help but I have just got Exagear running and have downloaded spotify from that so I no longer need help with this issue.
Whats Spotify got to do with scratch 2???

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 17676
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Re: Scratch 2.0 without chromium

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:56 am

JamesPi123 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:03 am
SQUID-INK7 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:49 am
Thanks everyone for your help but I have just got Exagear running and have downloaded spotify from that so I no longer need help with this issue.
Whats Spotify got to do with scratch 2???

Compiling the version of chromium-browser to support WideVine DRM leaves one with a browser which does not include PepperFlash by default.


The RPF/RPT chromium-browser included in Raspbian Stretch with Desktop includes PepperFlash by default.


PepperFlash is the Google implementation of Adobe Flash which is required for Scratch version 2
.
Adieu

Return to “Scratch”