dangjavageek

scratch.mit.edu "plug-in is blocked." for rpi3 browser?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Our group is wanting to use raspberry pi 3's in our lab to run scratch.mit.edu in the browser, access the scratch forums and so on, vs. run scratch2 local on the pi's. When we get to creating or running a project on scratch.mit.edu, the browsers show's a puzzle piece with something along the lines of "The plugin is blocked." Do we need to turn on something, enable flash, etc.? It seems like this was working on other raspberry pi configurations but latest jessie / stretch on the raspberry pi 3's gives the plug-in blocked messsage. Any suggestions on what we need to do to get past that? Best regards, -- DanG

dangjavageek

Re: scratch.mit.edu "plug-in is blocked." for rpi3 browser?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:04 pm

It would appear turning off "uBlock origin" in Chromium browser on the raspberry pi permits the flash plug-in to run on scratch.mit.edu - not sure why just yet and I thought I had tried that. But staring a brand new browser session, turning off "uBlock origin" and then going to scratch.mit.edu to create a project worked. Thought I would update in case anyone else was seeing the same thing. Best regards -- DanG

Return to “Scratch”