Girtch27

“Upload sound from file” in Scratch 2 freezing

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi,
When I try to “Upload sound from file” in Scratch 2 on a RPi3 the file open dialog opens but seems to freeze, or at least I can’t navigate to the other dir where sound files are or cancel or close the dialog. Mouse pointer moves around and time in the upper right keeps working so its Scratch 2 Dialog that stops responding. I have to cycle power to and re-boot.Probably a way to kill the application and not need to reboot but i don't know how to so I cycle power. As I type this I moved the mp3 files to the dir the dialog first opens too and it allowed my to pick a file and it processed or converted for 30secs but when I went to import the 2nd file the dialog froze so I had to reboot. Anyway I might be getting closer but does anyone else have this problem importing sound files?

Girtch27

Re: “Upload sound from file” in Scratch 2 freezing

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Update, seems to be my wireless keyboard and it's touch pad. When in this dialog my touch pad and mouse left and right click buttons don't work. So I can't navigate around and it seems frozen. However the same keyboard's enter button and arrow keys do. So I can navigate with the keys and change the focus of the dialog buttons. Then hit the keyboard's enter button when I've highlighted the correct dialog button. Weird but I can now move through directories and pick open or close etc. All other Scratch 2 dialogs seem to work when I open and close projects etc, only after hitting the import sound...

Return to “Scratch”