timrowledge

Re: New Scratch things for Raspbian September 2016

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Well first things first - re-awakening a year old zombie thread is not the smartest thing to do. Sometimes they get all feisty and try to chew your face off.

Depending on exactly what you are trying to do you have several options.

If you are running Scratch2 - the Flash based abomination in the eyes of Nuggan accessible on your Pi main menu as 'Scratch2' - then you will have to read up on using the external interface. I dare say GHP can help here.

If you are running the older but faster NuScratch (accessible from the same menu as 'Scratch') then you may have more options. I didn't include sensors like the DHT series in the built-in gpio server because nobody seemed to want it at that time. GHP almost certanly has it in his system that works with NuScratch and quite possibly SimpleSi's ScratchGPIO system will handle it.

If you're really serious about using it an other sensors and want support adding to NuScratch, feel free to offer some financial support for the work and it shall be done.
Making Smalltalk on ARM since 1986; making your Scratch better since 2012

ghp

Re: New Scratch things for Raspbian September 2016

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Hello,
I have since long time a DHT11, DHT22 connection to scratch using an atmel328 as a slave processor. http://heppg.de/ikg/wordpress/?p=430
And since short time there is an adapter using pigpiod software.

scratchClient supports both scratch1.4 and scratchx, the extension enabled version of scratch2.

Hope this helps,
Gerhard

Return to “Scratch”