kaszpirowski

scratch - initialisation mesh

Fri May 12, 2017 10:56 pm

When trying to turn on the mesh A problem occurred .... when trying to save an error will appear and the program hangs and you have to close it with the killall function. The error message indicates that this is a "message do not understud" error and a debugger window with details. Changing to false and acceptance does not work (there are no new features in the help) ... what is happening .... on the sd card is installed the latest system image for raspberry pi 3 i attach a window with detales
Attachments
111.PNG
111.PNG (15.63 KiB) Viewed 940 times

ghp

Re: scratch - initialisation mesh

Sun May 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Hello,
tried to reproduce this. Downloaded latest raspian, 2017-04-10-raspbian-jessie, updated apt-get update/upgrade and then in scratch enabled mesh. To be precise, the 'remote sensors network'. In sensor palette, rightclick on "sensor value" or "sensor" block and in the context menu enable the protocol. Then I saved this and it did not produce an error.
Do we talk about same thing and did you follow these steps ?
Regards,
Gerhard

kaszpirowski

Sun May 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks for your interest ...Unfortunately not. The problem is that in scratch on the help menu I have no mesh connection features ... I tried changing the settings in the system browser (hidden R + shift function) according to the manual (change true to false) and while saving settings in the system browser (save Or save as) the errors I listed in the file will appear and the program will freeze.

ghp

Sun May 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Mesh is a nice thing, but more or less an undocumented feature.
With scratchClient, there are two solutions available to connect various scratch instances. One is working with an external 'distribution server' for the remote sensor protocol, the second is using MQTT to connect various computers.
With scratchClient, there is always some configuration overhead.

Some time ago I have demonstrated a ‘chain reaction’ type application with the 'distribution server'. I have connected six scratch screens in a 2*3-array to have a red dot traverse the screens.

More details in http://heppg.de/ikg/wordpress/?p=608
Regards,
Gerhard

kaszpirowski

Mon May 15, 2017 7:02 am

The mesh I need for managing sensors and other electronic components with scratches and scripts and python. I found a cool manual that describes the management of various sensors and electronic components not implemented in scratch and additionally contains scripts written in python (http://www.pridopia.co.uk/rs-pi-set-scratch.html unfortunately the system image with the implementation This functionality does not work and you need to install it manually on your existing system ...) ..... the problem is that the first step is to run the mesh communication .... I am assuming that all the manuels that are on the network are pretty old and do not describe this functionality In the current versions of the software ..... the question is whether this can be run now ...? And another question .... what is the difference between normal scratch and nuscratch ...? Because nuscratch is different in system viewer and there is no "addservercommendsto" function where you need to add editable .....

ghp

Mon May 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Hello,
difference between normal scratch and nuscratch:
- scratch as invented by MIT is currently in version 2 and running as a flash program inside a browser.
- the 'old', 'normal' scratch 1.4 is running on RPi and was included since the early releases of the Pi.
- nuscratch is a faster version of scratch 1.4, which has the additional 'gpioserver' to use GPIO and some other peripherals. It replaced scratch 1.4 on RPi.

nuscratch is functionally the same as scratch 1.4, it has the same features and some of the same bugs. All 1.4 programs can be exchanged between nuscratch, scratch 1.4 on linux, windows, mac.

From https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Mesh#Mesh_by_Beta_1.4 "Mesh, in its rawest form, is simply remote sensor connections. As a matter of fact, any program that communicates through remote sensor connections can communicate through mesh with no modifications. Instead of enabling remote sensor connections, you would host mesh."
So try to use "remote sensor connections" with a vanilla raspian nuscratch instead. You can get rid of the '... is enabled...'-dialog by setting a parameter in .scratch.ini. See http://heppg.de/ikg/wordpress/?p=874 for these parameters.
Hope this helps,
Gerhard

timrowledge

Mon May 15, 2017 6:08 pm

kaszpirowski wrote:When trying to turn on the mesh A problem occurred ....
That screenshot clearly tells me you are running an ancient version of Scratch. My advice is "don't do that".

The latest Raspbian releases (like for a couple of years now) have the rather better nuscratch installed which is massively faster and has gpio support built in (which is most definitely not me saying you shouldn't use Gerhard's excellent external server as well) and most importantly for your question has the mesh network stuff set up to be easy to use.

Open scratch, pull down the Share menu whilst holding the shift key - you will see
Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 11.05.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 11.05.22 AM.png (7.75 KiB) Viewed 818 times
To join an existing mesh you will need to know the host's IP number and if you start hosting one you will be told your IP so that any machine joining can then use it.
Making Smalltalk on ARM since 1986; making your Scratch better since 2012

kaszpirowski

Wed May 24, 2017 8:31 pm

thx for all...

Return to “Scratch”