Benilton02

Free System for Raspberry

Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:03 am

I am searching for a free system to install on Raspberry, currently I am using Raspbian and Raspbian Lite, but in my application the Raspbian is very slow. Then, I need another system. What free systems can indicate for me for commecial applications?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Thank you!!! :D

HawaiianPi

Re: Free System for Raspberry

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:08 am

Benilton02 wrote:
...but in my application the Raspbian is very slow. Then, I need another system.
Raspbian is actually one of the faster operating systems. You're not going to gain much with another OS.

What is it you think is very slow?
Which model of Raspberry Pi?
What are you using for a power supply?
Have you tried an "A1" rated micro SD card?

Benilton02 wrote:
What free systems can indicate for me for commecial applications?
Most versions of Linux are available for free, but are covered by various licenses (typically GNU, but often others as well). For commercial use you would need to examine all the license terms and conditions, including additional software. For example, the full version of Raspbian includes things like Oracle Java and Wolfram Mathematica (plus other educational and productivity software) that each have their own licenses. The Lite version avoids most of that.

Since Raspbian is based on Debian, start here: https://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/
There should be something additional for the proprietary Raspberry Pi binaries (check raspberrypi.org).

To give you more specific answers we'd need to know more about what you are doing.
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

B.Goode

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:40 am

Benilton02 wrote:
I am searching for a free system to install on Raspberry, currently I am using Raspbian and Raspbian Lite, but in my application the Raspbian is very slow. Then, I need another system. What free systems can indicate for me for commecial applications?

Cross reference to prior discussion that has probably led to Raspbian bring dismissed on legal/licensing grounds, as well as performance - viewtopic.php?t=238100#p1455123

fruitoftheloom

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:46 am

Benilton02 wrote:

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Thank you!!! :D

What is wrong with continuing your other Post ?

viewtopic.php?t=238100#p1455123
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

Return to “Português”