rocketero

Re: Porting Android

Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:18 pm

moviemakernow wrote: The new Rikomagic MK802 II is the latest generation of Android 4.0 Mini PC. It is based on the incredibly popular Rikomagic MK802 which has already set the standard of Android Mini PC’s.
The new MK802 II has a revised form factor which not only feels more compact it also allows easier connection to TV/Displays by using a full size HDMI connector which is located conveniently at the end of the device. The all new ESD circuitry provides trouble free operation on all makes and models of TV/Display. Connectivity has been improved further by the use of micro USB ports and the device now has a total of 3 USB ports despite its incredibly compact form factor.
There is a new device in that line, it's the MK808, based on dual-core Cortex A9 and Ricomagic RK3066 with 1GB DDR3 and 8GB storage, WIFI /b/g/n, it render 1080p video, it comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and supports Google Store. at around $55 it's a heavy contender to the RPI and it probably beats it to the dust. This device only needs a KB, Mouse and a HDTV as it comes with the cables and AC adapter. I saw it around Oct - Nov Last year and it has come down in price since then as it was at that time for around $65. I'll wait a couple of more months when price should be around $40. I bought 2 RPI back in Sept last year and now none of them wants to connect to Internet as after boot they loose the IP address for not given reason, and 2 USB KB (generic made in China) don't get recognized so it's a pain to work with them right now.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:33 pm

rocketero wrote:
moviemakernow wrote: The new Rikomagic MK802 II is the latest generation of Android 4.0 Mini PC. It is based on the incredibly popular Rikomagic MK802 which has already set the standard of Android Mini PC’s.
The new MK802 II has a revised form factor which not only feels more compact it also allows easier connection to TV/Displays by using a full size HDMI connector which is located conveniently at the end of the device. The all new ESD circuitry provides trouble free operation on all makes and models of TV/Display. Connectivity has been improved further by the use of micro USB ports and the device now has a total of 3 USB ports despite its incredibly compact form factor.
There is a new device in that line, it's the MK808, based on dual-core Cortex A9 and Ricomagic RK3066 with 1GB DDR3 and 8GB storage, WIFI /b/g/n, it render 1080p video, it comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and supports Google Store. at around $55 it's a heavy contender to the RPI and it probably beats it to the dust. This device only needs a KB, Mouse and a HDTV as it comes with the cables and AC adapter. I saw it around Oct - Nov Last year and it has come down in price since then as it was at that time for around $65. I'll wait a couple of more months when price should be around $40. I bought 2 RPI back in Sept last year and now none of them wants to connect to Internet as after boot they loose the IP address for not given reason, and 2 USB KB (generic made in China) don't get recognized so it's a pain to work with them right now.
Shouldn't you be posting on the MK808 fans forum?

It's getting a bit boring continually advertising competitor products on here, don't you think?
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

rocketero

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:17 am

As I mentioned in my post I bought 2 RPI's to be fare.

ski522

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 am

rocketero wrote:
moviemakernow wrote:I bought 2 RPI back in Sept last year and now none of them wants to connect to Internet as after boot they loose the IP address for not given reason, and 2 USB KB (generic made in China) don't get recognized so it's a pain to work with them right now.
Losing their IP's is odd, does this happen with a clean install using the latest version of Raspbian? Quickest way to troubleshoot this if it does happen is to remove the SD card, mount it in another device and look at the syslog and dmesg log files to see if any clues are present as to why they are losing their IP's.

bearsfan654

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:50 am

How well does the Android work on Raspberry Pi right now? Can I run apps on it like Angry Birds?

jamesh

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 am

It doesn't work well enough for anything I'm afraid.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...

RobertClove

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 am

@Platinum95 Sit I too want to run the android on the Raspberry pi model b 256mb ram can you please tell me from where you downloaded the source code and steps to install it.I think we both can try this and get to a result.

aaa801

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:27 pm

RobertClove wrote:@Platinum95 Sit I too want to run the android on the Raspberry pi model b 256mb ram can you please tell me from where you downloaded the source code and steps to install it.I think we both can try this and get to a result.
https://github.com/Razdroid/

RobertClove

Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:42 am

i opened the link https://github.com/Razdroid/
then i opened https://github.com/Razdroid/razdroid-kernel
How to download and install it can you please tell......

RobertClove

Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:43 am

aaa801 wrote:
RobertClove wrote:@Platinum95 Sit I too want to run the android on the Raspberry pi model b 256mb ram can you please tell me from where you downloaded the source code and steps to install it.I think we both can try this and get to a result.
https://github.com/Razdroid/
i opened the link https://github.com/Razdroid/
then i opened https://github.com/Razdroid/razdroid-kernel
How to download and install it can you please tell......

duncan84

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:26 pm

There's more information at this wiki, http://androidpi.wikia.com/wiki/Android_Pi_Wiki, including some images of CyanogenMOD 7.2.

LukeHP

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:24 pm

When do you thing Broadcom will release there version of android?
or can I get it now?

ghans

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:46 pm

• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

duskman72

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi there,

i'm new to the Pi, but want to have Android too on this small thing of hardware - so, may be i can help here with development.
I've ported with success CM7 and CM9 to a LG P500 device on the XDA Developers community platform, recently i have ported
Android CM10.1 to the Samsung Nexus and AOSP 4.2.2 to Galaxy S3 GSM devices ... so configuring and patching code isnt a problem for me,
even working on the sh*t HWC (HWComposer) - which is the mostly problem if nothing is working on the UI.

I want to know, how we stand currently? As i've read, Broadcom isnt releasing the libGL userspace drivers right?
What about a running kernel? Do we have a working kernel, at least to boot android without hardware acceleration?
Is there a small list of things are working/not working - e.g. a TODO list?

Greets from Germany, Munich
Duskman

ghans

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Check the Razdroid wiki.
Both the 2.3 and a Android 4 build boot , but are insanley laggy.
The whole userspace libraries have been open-sourced almost a
year ago (OpenGL ES , OpenMAX and other stuff).
You will have to write gralloc from scratch (the only one who
started on that was Warg , he might have something usuable
by now).

Spend some time with Google (on this page) ,
it's better than the in-built forum search.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

milkboy007

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:30 am

any recent news on Broadcom's Android build?
is been over year ald! since:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1700

is it real or just another vaporware?
man i wish they had just release whatever code they have to the community (if its exist at all) :evil:

ghans

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:08 am

Check the link i posted.
In short , Broadcom never had plans to release this build and never will.

ghans

milkboy007

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:24 pm

i wish they just realease with all its rough edges.
then any developers has a base to work on.

ghans

Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:48 am

You know , the Razdroid project has enough rough
edges to smoothen ... it's just that the people with the knowledge
can't / won't work for free all the time ...

ghans

jamesh

Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:35 am

milkboy007 wrote:i wish they just realease with all its rough edges.
The problem with releasing as is, is that the code base has moved on and I don't think that stuff works any more. It was really thrown together and was seriously not of release quality.

Oakham

Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:57 am

This thread is over a year old and still no Android, as there are so many devices similar to Pi which are Android compatible out-of-the-box, the expression "flogging a dead horse" would seem apt ! :roll:
Searching is easy, most questions have been asked before !

redhawk

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:30 pm

Oakham wrote:This thread is over a year old and still no Android, as there are so many devices similar to Pi which are Android compatible out-of-the-box, the expression "flogging a dead horse" would seem apt ! :roll:
I bed to differ there are not many Android devices comparable to Raspberry Pi's with ARMv6 processing power except for budget handsets behind the curve.
Even most of the cheapo Android Box TVs you can buy from eBay have faster clocked ARMv7 / Cortex A8 / A9 / dual core / quad core processors and 1GB RAM.
Sure it would be nice to have Android running on the Pi with Broadcom drives but if that was the case I'd doubt people would be happy with the performance anyway.

Richard S.

Oakham

Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:27 pm

http://apc.io http://apc.io/library this runs android, so I do not what you are disagreeing with, I was making an observation that Android Pi is not very likely any time in my life time....
Searching is easy, most questions have been asked before !

milkboy007

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:13 am

jamesh wrote:
milkboy007 wrote:i wish they just realease with all its rough edges.
The problem with releasing as is, is that the code base has moved on and I don't think that stuff works any more. It was really thrown together and was seriously not of release quality.
despite its limitation, it is still better than other android port (allegedly). from there, i believe we can port the optimisation to say cm10 for example.
we can also study how broadcom (allegedly) make'em soo smooth too use, compared to other android port.

ghans

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:19 am

Isn't the main problem that the foundation doesn't "own" this port
at all ?

ghans

Return to “Android”