Toffoarancia

Using Tv remote to control RPI3 with Lineage 16

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 am

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum.

Recently I started to have a bit of interest regarding Android on Pie as I am getting a bit bored of having just Librelec (Kodi) on it.

As I have an Android phone and a few apps I am really fond of, I'vetried some builds and was quite happy with Lineage 16 as it responds well with the apps I use.

Only downside is, I currently need to keep a mouse hooked up and a keyboard to use it.

My main goal is to turn it into a smart TV-like device but I would rather not buy another remote (I have already 3 other remotes, one for an android projector, one for Roku and one for the TV) nor use my phone as a remote (my wife isn't too keen on using the phone like a remote if I am not around).

I have found one link with an old guide to install Android TV Nougat on the Pi but it doesn't work for me, it gets stuck after the Android logo.

With Librelec, my TV remote works fine. I can navigate the menu and change the volume and this is what I am in need of for the Android OS.

Do you guys know if Lineage is compatible with CEC-HDMI? If so how do I turn it on on Lineage?

Is there any other build I should try instead that could possibly support my Tv remote?

Thanks!

T.

Konsta

Re: Using Tv remote to control RPI3 with Lineage 16

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:48 am

Welcome to the board. If you have questions about the LineageOS 16.0 build, the correct place to ask is of course the LineageOS 16.0 thread on this forum (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 1eb7c0a081).

None of the Android builds for Raspberry Pi support HDMI-CEC.
KonstaKANG.com

Toffoarancia

Re: Using Tv remote to control RPI3 with Lineage 16

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:49 am

Hey Konsta,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I will make sure to use the correct forum for any future questions and will invest in a Raspberry compatible remote then.

Thanks again!

T.

Return to “Android”