WillBoxGaming1

I got Android working on Berryboot (kinda)

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:54 am

Yes, I DID IT!!
Since so many people is asking how, here is how I did it. Please keep in mind that this is for berryboot ONLY, and that theres many issues I need help with.

For now, Im just showing how to install it from Raspbian. Of course, there is many other way to do it!
So, from Raspbian, do this:
Download this: https://berryboot.alexgoldcheidt.com/se ... ch=android

If you look at the last option on the list, there should be something called `SailPi`. Download it.
Once its downloaded, go to:

Code: Select all

File manager>berryboot (wich is detected like a hard drive)>images.
Put the unpacked SailPi .img file in there.
If you get a `Permission Denied` popup, use the following command:

sudo pcmanfm
This command will start a new file manager witch has Root permissions, you can edit almost everything now! :lol:

After you done this, restart your Pi. When the berryboot screen shows up, you should see some kind of Android option. Execute it!

If you did it right, you should see a screen like this after a good 30 seconds: (best image I could find)

But theres a catch... I cant even get pass the lock screen. I tried swapping left and right but all I can do is changing the shade of the clock!

So basically, all you can do is:
CTRL+ALT+DEL = Reboot the Raspberry Pi
CTRL+ALT+(Delete text key) = Reboot Android.

Also, the cursor is very buggy. I found a workaround to keep the cursor from dissapearing:
WITHOUT touching any other borders, put the cursor a little on the top. Once it looks stretched, take the cursor down and then put it in the right corner. If you did it right, you should be able to move your cursor freely. Take note that this cursor will now be a black/white square.

Sorry for the long post, can someone work this out? Thanks alot.

fruitoftheloom

Re: I got Android working on Berryboot (kinda)

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:12 am

WillBoxGaming1 wrote:
Yes, I DID IT!!
Since so many people is asking how, here is how I did it. Please keep in mind that this is for berryboot ONLY, and that theres many issues I need help with.

For now, Im just showing how to install it from Raspbian. Of course, there is many other way to do it!

If you look at the last option on the list, there should be something called `SailPi`. Download it.

sudo pcmanfm
This command will start a new file manager witch has Root permissions, you can edit almost everything now! :lol:

After you done this, restart your Pi. When the berryboot screen shows up, you should see some kind of Android option. Execute it!

If you did it right, you should see a screen like this after a good 30 seconds: (best image I could find)

But theres a catch... I cant even get pass the lock screen. I tried swapping left and right but all I can do is changing the shade of the clock!

Also, the cursor is very buggy. I found a workaround to keep the cursor from dissapearing:
WITHOUT touching any other borders, put the cursor a little on the top. Once it looks stretched, take the cursor down and then put it in the right corner. If you did it right, you should be able to move your cursor freely. Take note that this cursor will now be a black/white square.

Android is Community Supported and has its own Forum here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/android-rpi
Adieu

WillBoxGaming1

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:26 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
WillBoxGaming1 wrote:
Yes, I DID IT!!

sudo pcmanfm

Sorry man, but this community is dead. :/ I know explainingcomputers installed android 4.4 on berryboot. When I did it myself, it did some kind of kernel panic. Any ideas why? And yeah, sorry for asking.

fruitoftheloom

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:26 am

WillBoxGaming1 wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:
WillBoxGaming1 wrote:
Yes, I DID IT!!

sudo pcmanfm

Sorry man, but this community is dead. :/ I know explainingcomputers installed android 4.4 on berryboot. When I did it myself, it did some kind of kernel panic. Any ideas why? And yeah, sorry for asking.

viewforum.php?f=73
Adieu

rpdom

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:31 am

WillBoxGaming1 wrote:
Dead? I see recent posts on there, so still active. Much more active than Android support on here, which has been dead and buried for years.

Return to “Android”