svharmony

Android auto

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:08 pm

Has anyone tried to use the RPi with monitor as a head unit to run Android Auto?
Restoring a 69 Triumph TR 6 and feel this would be a great way to being some features to the car.
Thanks
Ed

fruitoftheloom

Re: Android auto

Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:56 am

svharmony wrote:Has anyone tried to use the RPi with monitor as a head unit to run Android Auto?
Restoring a 69 Triumph TR 6 and feel this would be a great way to being some features to the car.
Thanks
Ed

Android on RPi has its own Community Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/android-rpi
Adieu

Justking100

Re: Android auto

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:20 am

Disregard the previous answer. Android auto isn't android at all.
I my self have tried to get android auto on the rasberry pi.
What I did was first downloaded the sdk tools for Android on the rasberry pi and unzipped them. Then later I realised I needed a screen manager so i had to install lightdm and open box. Then realised I needed to install java jdk in order to start android sdk. Once I started android sdk I had to install the android auto emulator. Once installed I went to extras folder and tried to start the emulator but it isn't compatible right now with the arm processor. Sadly right now as far as I can tell I cannot find a way to get it to work.

Return to “Android”