lesderid

First time visiting the subforum? Read this!

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Welcome to the RazDroid section of the official Raspberry Pi forum!

Here's a little FAQ to help you get started here:

Q: What is RazDroid?
A: RazDroid is a port of Android and CyanogenMod (a community-modded version of Android) to the Raspberry Pi. The goal of this project is to make a version of Android and CM that works on the Pi, by building our own Linux kernels and Android images.

Q: Is it suitable for everyday use?
A: At the moment, no, Gingerbread (2.3.x) is very slow and Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x) even crashes. This is mostly because the graphics hardware acceleration for the Pi isn't compatible with Android yet. As soon as we get a version that is compatible with Android, we will release a new version ASAP, which should be much faster.

Q: Are there any videos of Android in action on the Pi?
A: Yes! One of the members of our project, CrysisLTU, was so nice to record some videos for us, you can watch them here:
CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread)
CyanogenMod 9 (Android 4.0 aka Ice Cream Sandwich)

Q: This looks so cool! Can I try it out myself?
Yes, you can! There are two ways to try it out. You can either download a precreated SD card image, like you would with the official Linux distros for te Pi, or you can build Android yourself. You can get info about both options on our wiki.

Q: How can I help?
A: You should start by joining our IRC channel, [url=irc://freenode/#razdroid]#razdroid[/url] on the freenode IRC network. We will gladly tell you there what you can do to help.

Q: Are you affiliated or in any way supported by the Raspberry Pi Foundation, Google or the CyanogenMod community?
A: No, we are in no way endorsed with the Foundation, Google or CyanogenMod.

If you have any more questions, you can ask them here or on our IRC channel.

RazDroid IRC channel: [url=irc://freenode/#razdroid]#razdroid on the freenode network[/url]
RazDroid website: razdroid.net
RazDroid forum: you are there now!

-Les

Return to “Android”