justin22885

raspberry pi as TV android device?

Thu May 28, 2015 1:53 am

im wanting to use the raspberry pi to maybe connect to a television, possible through and even powered through HDMI if that is at all possible, but i believe my TV has some USB ports i can use as a power source too if thatll work.. but anyway, my goal is to basically hook it up to television to be used as a general android device, to add things like netflix, hulu, youtube, and other stuff my family can use to watch TV, maybe add spotify, pandora, and some other media options as well as old video game emulators

can i do this with the pi?.. if so, how?.. just buy the PI, program it with android, and plug the thing into the TV via HDMI and set up an old wii remote to control it from the sofa?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: raspberry pi as TV android device?

Thu May 28, 2015 8:38 am

justin22885 wrote:im wanting to use the raspberry pi to maybe connect to a television, possible through and even powered through HDMI if that is at all possible, but i believe my TV has some USB ports i can use as a power source too if thatll work.. but anyway, my goal is to basically hook it up to television to be used as a general android device, to add things like netflix, hulu, youtube, and other stuff my family can use to watch TV, maybe add spotify, pandora, and some other media options as well as old video game emulators

can i do this with the pi?.. if so, how?.. just buy the PI, program it with android, and plug the thing into the TV via HDMI and set up an old wii remote to control it from the sofa?
Amazon Fire TV stick will do what you want. Pi doesn't run Android.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Please direct all questions to the forum, I do not do support via PM.

Return to “Android”