JackHuang

Baking_PI_Input01:????

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:07 am

Hello,everyone!
I've encountered the following problem when I compiled the source code of lesson Input01:

Code: Select all

jack@jack-Lenovo-G475:~/deskdop/input01$ make
arm-none-eabi-as -I source/ source/mailbox.s -o build/mailbox.o
Assembler messages:
Fatal error: can't create build/mailbox.o: No such file or directory
Makefile:57: recipe for target 'build/mailbox.o' failed
make: *** [build/mailbox.o] Error 1
jack@jack-Lenovo-G475:~/deskdop/input01$ 
But it performed correct when I compiled the code of the former lessons.
Who can tell me how to do with it ?
Thank you!

joan

Re: Baking_PI_Input01:????

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:35 am

Given that the error is a failure to find build/mailbox.o I suggest you pass the proper path in your build command.

rpdom

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:40 am

Have you got a "build" directory in your current directory?

JackHuang

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:22 pm

joan wrote:Given that the error is a failure to find build/mailbox.o I suggest you pass the proper path in your build command.
I did this "export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/arm-2008q3/bin" before,but I am not sure this is correct in this case.

JackHuang

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:48 pm

rpdom wrote:Have you got a "build" directory in your current directory?
I haven't got a "build" directory.I copied a "build" directory that existed in one of the former lessons,and recompiled it, it worked.I got a "kernel.img" file and copied to the SD card.But I still can't get the correct result. Can you tell me the right sequence to do this lesson:Input01?
(I was a little confused about what the author said "On the Downloads page for this lesson is a makefile and my USB driver, which you will need to continue. Download them and replace the makefile in your code with this one, and also put the driver in the same folder as that makefile." And at the download page there are three different links :"Download Template for USB Operating System"(at the beginning),"Lesson Template" and "Full Solution(in lesson Input01)",I don't know how to use all of them.) Thank you.

rpdom

Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:55 pm

JackHuang wrote:Can you tell me the right sequence to do this lesson:Input01?
Sorry, I never got around to doing that lesson. I did all the others, then got side tracked on other things (LCD 16x2 display, PS2 keyboard, interrupt handlers etc), also took a look at the USB code, saw a load of C and ran away screaming :lol: I want to stick to pure assembler for my low-level stuff :)

Avoncliff

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:41 pm

I have just compiled this lesson, and I can confirm it needs a build directory that does not exist. I just added an empty directory and it compiles fine.
I also have problems getting response from the keyboard, but Alex does say it does not work with all keyboards. So I am looking for a keyboard that does work.
David

Return to “Bare metal, Assembly language”