hldswrth

CSUD crashing Pi with recent firmware

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:54 am

I'm curious whether anyone has the CSUD USB (Keyboard) driver working with recent firmware revisions. For me, any firmware more recent than October 2012 causes my screen to go blank not long after starting to poll the keyboard. I'd like to move to a more recent level of firmware.

What's odd is that the crash usually happens within a couple of seconds of starting to poll the keyboard. If it survives longer than that then it just keeps going. I wonder if it could be anything to do with power cycling?

I've tried poking different values into the AHB,USB,FrameInterval and OTG registers as suggested in another thread but that did not fix the issue.

It does seem strange to me that just repeatedly calling the function causes the screen to go blank, with no exception raised.
Another oddity I've found is that the KeyboardPoll function returns an error if the OK LED is switched on...

fruitoftheloom

Re: CSUD crashing Pi with recent firmware

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:39 pm

adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

hldswrth

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Thanks for the pointer, I have merged the most recent source changes into my local CSUD build but the issue still persists - once I start calling KeyboardPoll in a loop, the screen goes blank a second or so later.

DexOS

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:12 pm

I had the same problem, i try many things, but did not find a fix.
The main dev of the firmware did say if i send him more info, he will look into a fix.
Batteries not included, Some assembly required.

Return to “Bare metal, Assembly language”