AndrewS

Re: How does raspberry pi OS work?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:38 pm

jran1216 wrote:Ohnestly when I started to get trolled I thought I had better find something in this forum and quick. Thanks for all the hard work but if you can be trolled there's something to learn. I'm deleting my account and giving up on computing.
Maybe learn not to give up at the first hurdle and be put off by one idiot? :? :(

Cancelor

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:40 pm

:roll:
Can't find the thread you want? Try googling : YourSearchHere site:raspberrypi.org

PeterO

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Jim JKla wrote:Tommy Flowers originaly used mercury tubes to store a charge.
Mercury lines are used to store bits as ultrasonic pulses not electrical charge. Later developments replaced the rather difficult to deal with Mercury with Nickel wires but the bits were still represented by mechanical pulses travelling along the wire.

PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

Jim JKla

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:14 pm

I stand corrected. :oops:

I am only going from TV shows and they said "Mercury Tubes" although I was aware these were at the bit level

I had allways thought this was some sort of charge state.

I have allways considered Tommy Flowers one of the true unsung heros of the war and I will continue wherever posible to remind people that he got there first. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

colinh

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:24 pm

ShiftPlusOne wrote:
jran1216 wrote:I'm guessing that's a no binary bloke that majestically deleted his answer? Well I give up on computing, but it was interesting to know how things work.
I deleted his 'answer' because he had no real posts and made the account solely for the purpose of trolling you.
Are you sure jran isn't trolling? This is the weirdest incoherent rambling thread I've read in a long time. It's good to see how patient, friendly and downright helpful people are being though.

ShiftPlusOne
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:30 pm

colinh wrote:
ShiftPlusOne wrote:
jran1216 wrote:I'm guessing that's a no binary bloke that majestically deleted his answer? Well I give up on computing, but it was interesting to know how things work.
I deleted his 'answer' because he had no real posts and made the account solely for the purpose of trolling you.
Are you sure jran isn't trolling? This is the weirdest incoherent rambling thread I've read in a long time. It's good to see how patient, friendly and downright helpful people are being though.
No, unfortunately I can't be sure. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

In any case, locking the thread since it's not really going anywhere.

If the original poster does decide to learn about computing, I recommend starting with books. I like this one http://www.amazon.com/The-Elements-Comp ... 0262640686

Return to “Bare metal, Assembly language”