LostTime77

Re: STICKY: Bare Metal resources

Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:20 am

Just a random person passing by. As one who is intimately familiar with the Synopsys USB IP... I am not sure if this is still an issue or not, but it seems like it is on this particular thread... (have not cross referenced any other threads).

Just looking at the USB register documentation in the first few replies. This IP is almost EXACTLY the same as the Synopsys USB IP found in all STM32 and EFM32 USB OTG peripherals. Not sure why nobody has noticed this? All register documentation and how to set up the peripheral are available in those relevant reference manuals. I have written several drivers for this IP myself.

lpoulain

Re: STICKY: Bare Metal resources

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:44 am

As part of writing my own OS for RPi, I am interested in bare metal resources, but am also ready to contribute. Code samples are very useful, but sometimes you want a detailed explanation about how a particular piece of code is working, or how a particular piece of the RPi architecture works.

I started explaining how to access some of the RPi resources on my own Github repo (e.g. how to use the official 7" touchscreen), but am wondering if there is a better place. Because this site doesn't seem to have a Wiki that members can contribute to, would https://wiki.osdev.org/Main_Page be the place for this?

Return to “Bare metal, Assembly language”