And hdmi port in rpi0

fruitoftheloom

Re: How to access RAM and WIFI Bluetooth

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:46 am

dharanivel wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:30 am
How to access RAM and wifi bluetooth
And hdmi port in rpi0

Please give some context about what you wish to achieve, your post is meaningless.
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

dharanivel

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Im studying to develop small os. I need to know how to access ram, wifi, bluetooth etc.

DavidS

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:41 pm

dharanivel wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:36 pm
Im studying to develop small os. I need to know how to access ram, wifi, bluetooth etc.
RAM is just addressed, there is no how to access it. Now if you are asking about how to implement protection with the MMU, that is another question.

Are you well enough familiar with the ARM Architecture, its modes of operation, ARM interrupts, the Vector Table, the CP15 registers, the cache architecture, and the ISA? You will not be able to get very much done without that basic information.

WiFi, that is another beast altogether and one that I am not sure why you need for a small OS. If you are in need of an internet connection to a WiFi network, just use Ethernet and a WiFi to Ethernet bridge (like the Vonets VAP11G, or similar), they cost very little.

USB is quite well figured out now. A good starting point would be to study the USPi USB Stack.

Bluetooth is doable I do not remember the details (because I do not use it), though there is a lot of information on these forums about that.

So you do not need Framebuffer? VC-4 anything? Or have you already got that information.
RPi = The best ARM based RISC OS computer around
More than 95% of posts made from RISC OS on RPi 1B/1B+ computers. Most of the rest from RISC OS on RPi 2B/3B/3B+ computers

dharanivel

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:45 pm

I dont know anything about what you said above

fruitoftheloom

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:24 pm

dharanivel wrote:

You have an open thread already here:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 4#p1485854

Please do not start new threads it is just confusing.
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

dharanivel

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:44 pm

How did you know

Andyroo

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:32 pm

dharanivel wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:44 pm
How did you know
Just click on the number of post the user has made or click on the users name and search what posts they have made or even remember some stand-out posts...

As for your OS needs:

There are many many articles on creating operating systems (courses are normally at university level for some of this) - for example https://github.com/cfenollosa/os-tutorial or https://wiki.osdev.org/Getting_Started

Maybe building a version of Linux will be a good place to start to understand the OS needs and components http://www.linuxfromscratch.org rather than random questions here?
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

DavidS

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:37 pm

dharanivel wrote:
Then you have a lot of programming to do before you dive into OS development. Those things I listed are jsut the bare minimum of what you need to know.

What is your experience with programming/Software Engineering?
RPi = The best ARM based RISC OS computer around
More than 95% of posts made from RISC OS on RPi 1B/1B+ computers. Most of the rest from RISC OS on RPi 2B/3B/3B+ computers

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:45 pm

dharanivel wrote:
If that is true then you have no hope of producing your own OS without a HUGE amount of study, and practice. I have 35 years of SW development experience, including lots of low level stuff like OS drivers, and I would still be very reluctant to try a OS project.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

lpoulain

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:49 pm

It's definitely possible to start a hobby operating system on a RPi (that's what I'm doing right now), but you have to know you won't create a new Linux anytime soon and accept that your OS will be very humble.

There are several tutorials out there that show how to set the display resolution, print fonts on the screen, etc. But WiFi and Bluetooth is not for the faint of heart. I'm not even sure if there is one OS on the Pi except for Raspian which implements those.

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:14 pm

dharanivel wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:30 am
How to access RAM and wifi bluetooth
And hdmi port in rpi0
please stop creating multiple threads asking the same question, double posting here is not allowed, and duplicate (posts or resulting threads) will be deleted.

Return to “Bare metal, Assembly language”