zhak

Re: Spider-OS a new operating system

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Oh, man, this is really fascinating! I'm waiting for my RPi4 to arrive to start osdev in asm as well. I did some osdev for x86 in the past, now I wanna dive in to AArach64. Your demos are pretty cool. Will be waiting for updates! ;)

DavidS

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 pm

zhak wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:50 pm
Oh, man, this is really fascinating! I'm waiting for my RPi4 to arrive to start osdev in asm as well. I did some osdev for x86 in the past, now I wanna dive in to AArach64. Your demos are pretty cool. Will be waiting for updates! ;)
You are in for an entirely new game. No BIOS text functions, no BIOS keyboard functions, etc, you are doing everything to get up and going.

It is way worth it though.
RPi = The best ARM based RISC OS computer around
More than 95% of posts made from RISC OS on RPi 1B/1B+ computers. Most of the rest from RISC OS on RPi 2B/3B/3B+ computers

Aran

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Zhak, very happy to see your enthusiasm. :)

As DavidS says, in the beginning the task is difficult because you have to start from scratch.
Fortunately on the Internet, there are pionneers who have already been there and shared their work.

Aran

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Hello everyone.
Well I'm a little sad. With the Raspberry Pi 4 we have some nasty surprises :( . My programs on Videocore or USB no longer work ! And then as usual it will take a long time before you can find all the technical information on the new components ...
In short, I decided to start from scratch. So I published a new post for those who discover assembler programming. So a tutorial to start the Pi without Linux, and also explanations to program the mailbox.
https://spider-os.com/commentaires.php?billet=12

Return to “Bare metal, Assembly language”