brettacook

Schematics/address map

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Hello,
I've been searching the forums and the rasperrypi.org website, but have yet been unable to find a central repository for the specs for the Raspberry Pi 2 b (rev 1.1). I've found (in various places) the schematics for rev 2.0, as well as a single text line that said the peripheral addresses moved from 0x20000000 to 0x30000000. I further found a statement that the Broadcom 2836 is the SOC for the RPi2 and that it's internals are identical to the 2835 (from the RPi).
Is there a central repository for information relating to the RPi2?

Thanks in advance!
(Brett - a NOOB to the RPi infrastructure - just starting out, so please be nice ;-) )

LizardLad_1

Re: Schematics/address map

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:04 pm

Hello there,

Yes you are very close. The BCM2835 is almost identical to the BCM2836 only the peripheral address has been moved. Its new location is at 0x3F000000. This means you are able to use the BCM2835 peripherals document. Just substitute the MMIO base address and use the offsets from there. The same applies to the Pi 3B as well. Others here will be able to elaborate on what I have said if you need further information.

If you previously had an address at 0x20000200 then it is now 0x3F000200.

dwelch67

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:03 pm

We were very surprised to get any documentation of any kind from Broadcom, and not surprised that that for the most part ended as quickly as it started, I would not expect to find any more schematics or documentation than you have already found. I wouldnt expect any more schematics nor chip details going forward, thats just how Broadcom rolls (as with a number of other companies). If we happen to get something great. So some of the info comes from linux driver source code and other things like that, sometimes we get a snippet of info covering a gap but again I dont and wouldnt expect any and if you get some then thats a bonus...

I still think the community needs to drive their own document derived from broadcoms and the community errata we figured out and other information...

fruitoftheloom

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:20 pm

brettacook wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:04 pm
Hello,
I've been searching the forums and the rasperrypi.org website, but have yet been unable to find a central repository for the specs for the Raspberry Pi 2 b (rev 1.1). I've found (in various places) the schematics for rev 2.0, as well as a single text line that said the peripheral addresses moved from 0x20000000 to 0x30000000. I further found a statement that the Broadcom 2836 is the SOC for the RPi2 and that it's internals are identical to the 2835 (from the RPi).
Is there a central repository for information relating to the RPi2?

Thanks in advance!
(Brett - a NOOB to the RPi infrastructure - just starting out, so please be nice ;-) )

All Raspberry Pi SBCs boot up from the VPU (VideoCore 4)

Attached to the VC4 is an ARM CPU.

The Broadcom SoC is not open-hardware.

All official available information is posted on the RPF website:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md
Retired disgracefully.....

Return to “Bare metal, Assembly language”