zedrummer

Bare metal playing-through-3.5-jack music

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello

My first project with electronic and raspberry pi bare metal assembly programming will be an alarm for pleasant awakening.

It consists of a 3x3 led cube (sorry, I can not show you a picture, I am a terrible welder, if this is a cube, I am Queen Elizabeth) that I will control via the TLC5940 chips for which I bored you previously (and it perfectly works now, I just need a matrix board to mount the cube on). Now I would like to add music.

I suppose that it is not easy to decode mp3 or ogg with bare metal, so let's suppose I have a raw uncompressed music sample and I would like to play it through... whatever the simplest way...

Would it be via the 3.5 jack or via a digital analog converter chip connected to a speaker?
Any example of bare metal (assembly would be perfect, but C would be OK too) programming?

Thanks a lot
Cathy L.

SonicWave

Re: Bare metal playing-through-3.5-jack music

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:14 pm

let's suppose I have a raw uncompressed music sample and I would like to play it through... whatever the simplest way...Would it be via the 3.5 jack or via a digital analog converter chip connected to a speaker?
I did some ADC/DAC stuff with a small PIC16. It depends on the kind of data you have (I don't know what uncrompessed music is) but reading stuff from the ADC and send it to the DAC register worked fine for playing music through an amplifier to a speaker system.

Return to “Bare metal, Assembly language”