hldswrth

Baking pi objdump failing on Windows

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi, I seem to have the basic setup for assembling OK on Windows using yagarto, however when I make OK01, I get the following error (I've changed some of the directory structure a little, but should not affect this, I had the same problem with the Source and Build directories in the original make):

arm-none-eabi-as -I src/ src/main.s -o build/main.o
arm-none-eabi-ld --no-undefined build/main.o -Map build/kernel.map -o build/output.elf -T src/kernel.ld
arm-none-eabi-objcopy build/output.elf -O binary bin/kernel.img
arm-none-eabi-objdump -d build/output.elf > build/kernel.list
Usage: e:\yagarto\bin\arm-none-eabi-objdump.exe <option(s)> <file(s)>
Display information from object <file(s)>.
At least one of the following switches must be given:

I get a 0-length kernel.list file. If I delete that and do make kernel.list I get the same error.
If I copy and paste the command and do it directly from the command line, it works... so seems to be some issue with redirecting output from make.

Anyone else seen this or have any ideas how to get it working?

Z3r0

Re: Baking pi objdump failing on Windows

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:35 pm

it works for me with no problem win 7 x64 did you restart your pc after installing yagarto?
(I tried without rebooting thinking why should i, and it failed, just don't remember which tool)

hldswrth

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Yes, I've rebooted. It seems weird that the command works from the command line but not from make, although make is using sh internally rather than the Windows command processor.

Wastl

Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:38 pm

I have got the same problem and it realy seams to be a problem with the make implementation.
If you delete "> $(LIST)" out of the makefile you will see the correct output on the screen.
So it seems to be a problem with the pipe command.

Return to “Bare metal, Assembly language”