- Kernel support for modules is doing quite well. Memory management is usable (albeit far from complete).
- Console output to framebuffer working well.
- Task management is working better than expected at this point, still some issues with VFP contexts.
- USB is working acceptably, far from complete though good enough for HID and some Mass Storage devices.
- Very basic disk and FS support for USB Mass Storage, has some issues though is working, this covers three modules plus the DWCUSB module at the moment..
- RAMFS module fully functional.
- GFXCore is working with 80% of all intended functionality implemented.
- FontMan module for font handling is working for most purposes. Does pretty well for most bitmapped font applications (missing a few transformations), vector font support is still very minimal.
- WinMan the window manager is somewhat usable. It is about as good as M$-Windows 2.0 or a bit better than 8-Bit GEOS in its current level of usability.
- Filer, the Windowing graphical file manager is starting to come together, it can show files (with simple icons so far), launch applications, and sometimes copy files.
- TCPIP the TCP/IP module is untested though present, still waiting on USB support to get far enough along, as well as a Ethernet stack..
The system works about the same on both the RPi 1B and RPi 3B/3B+. I am targeting version 0.0.2 pre-Alpha as the first version with enough function for people to toy around with. Though I thought I would through out a status update.
Also of note is that I am beginning to play with the OpenGL support of the GPU on bare metal, separately from this OS at this time. I am hoping to learn enough about the implementation to implement a usable OpenGL graphics system in my little toy OS, that is again temporarily without a name, as I was confronted by the company that already held the name I chose (and has for some time), oops.