install aircrack

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:02 pm

Having serious compilation issued trying to get any version of aircrack to install. I've downloaded and installed libraries that were required and updated everything I think is needed to get this to actually do anything. However, when I run either make or sudo make I am faced with the following set of errors.

make -C src all
make[1]: Entering directory '/root/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc4/src'
gcc -g -W -Wall -O3 -DOLD_SSE_CORE=1 -pthread -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REVISION=0 -DCONFIG_LIBNL30 -DCONFIG_LIBNL -I/usr/include/libnl3 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-array-bounds -Iinclude -c -o crypto.o crypto.c
crypto.c: In function ‘calc_mic’:
crypto.c:291:11: error: storage size of ‘ctx’ isn’t known
crypto.c:317:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘HMAC_CTX_init’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
crypto.c:327:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘HMAC_CTX_cleanup’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
crypto.c:291:11: warning: unused variable ‘ctx’ [-Wunused-variable]
crypto.c: In function ‘calc_tkip_mic_key’:
crypto.c:932:5: warning: this ‘if’ clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]
if((ptr-message) % 4 > 0)
crypto.c:933:49: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it is guarded by the ‘if’
memcpy(ptr, ZERO, 4-((ptr-message)%4)); ptr+=4-((ptr-message)%4);
<builtin>: recipe for target 'crypto.o' failed
make[1]: *** [crypto.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc4/src'
Makefile:25: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

and it fails quite spectacularly. I'm assuming it's a library error but I'm a complete newbie at this and I'm completely lost as to where to go next.

Any suggestions or advice as to how to resolve this would be gratefully received.

Re: install aircrack

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:19 am

Before you can install Aircrack, you must install all of its dependencies, namely:

Code: Select all

OpenSSL development package or libgcrypt development package (libssl-dev or libgcrypt20-dev on Debian based distributions).
make - gmake on *BSD, Solaris and OSX.
gcc or clang
PCRE development package if SSID filtering with regular expressions is needed
Sqlite3 development package (>=3.317 but 3.6X+ is recommended)

Airmon-ng requires ethtool and rfkill
LibNetlink 1 (libnl-dev) or 3 (libnl-3-dev and libnl-genl-3-dev) development packages
Kernel headers and gcc as well as make have to be installed on your system (build-essential on Debian based distributions)
from ... rom_source

Of course, some of them are already present on your system, but some are not...

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:25 pm

I know this is an old post but for anyone having trouble with make and aircrack-ng-1.2-rc4 this is a known bug with stretch and libssl-dev. Install libssl1.0-dev and it compiles ok.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm

tanks timstewart

Return to “Linux Kernel”