jpaterson2017

install aircrack

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:02 pm

Having serious compilation issued trying to get any version of aircrack to install. I've downloaded and installed libraries that were required and updated everything I think is needed to get this to actually do anything. However, when I run either make or sudo make I am faced with the following set of errors.

make -C src all
make[1]: Entering directory '/root/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc4/src'
gcc -g -W -Wall -O3 -DOLD_SSE_CORE=1 -pthread -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REVISION=0 -DCONFIG_LIBNL30 -DCONFIG_LIBNL -I/usr/include/libnl3 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-array-bounds -Iinclude -c -o crypto.o crypto.c
crypto.c: In function ‘calc_mic’:
crypto.c:291:11: error: storage size of ‘ctx’ isn’t known
HMAC_CTX ctx;
^~~
crypto.c:317:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘HMAC_CTX_init’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
HMAC_CTX_init(&ctx);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
crypto.c:327:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘HMAC_CTX_cleanup’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
HMAC_CTX_cleanup(&ctx);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
crypto.c:291:11: warning: unused variable ‘ctx’ [-Wunused-variable]
HMAC_CTX ctx;
^~~
crypto.c: In function ‘calc_tkip_mic_key’:
crypto.c:932:5: warning: this ‘if’ clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]
if((ptr-message) % 4 > 0)
^~
crypto.c:933:49: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it is guarded by the ‘if’
memcpy(ptr, ZERO, 4-((ptr-message)%4)); ptr+=4-((ptr-message)%4);
^~~
<builtin>: recipe for target 'crypto.o' failed
make[1]: *** [crypto.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc4/src'
Makefile:25: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

and it fails quite spectacularly. I'm assuming it's a library error but I'm a complete newbie at this and I'm completely lost as to where to go next.

Any suggestions or advice as to how to resolve this would be gratefully received.

JP

Mo3tasm

Re: install aircrack

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:19 am

Before you can install Aircrack, you must install all of its dependencies, namely:

Code: Select all

Requirements
OpenSSL development package or libgcrypt development package (libssl-dev or libgcrypt20-dev on Debian based distributions).
pkg-config
make - gmake on *BSD, Solaris and OSX.
gcc or clang
PCRE development package if SSID filtering with regular expressions is needed
Sqlite3 development package (>=3.317 but 3.6X+ is recommended)

Airmon-ng requires ethtool and rfkill
LibNetlink 1 (libnl-dev) or 3 (libnl-3-dev and libnl-genl-3-dev) development packages
Kernel headers and gcc as well as make have to be installed on your system (build-essential on Debian based distributions)
from https://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id ... rom_source

Of course, some of them are already present on your system, but some are not...

timstewart

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:25 pm

I know this is an old post but for anyone having trouble with make and aircrack-ng-1.2-rc4 this is a known bug with stretch and libssl-dev. Install libssl1.0-dev and it compiles ok.

weltio

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm

tanks timstewart

Return to “Linux Kernel”