Cumulonimbus

image_decoder doesn' t work with jpeg which has DRI marker segment

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:48 am

I have some jpeg images which have DRI marker segment, and I try to use image_decoder component to decode them. But it returns OMX_ErrorStreamCorrupt error. The format is no supported by OpenMax in pi?
Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Cumulonimbus on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: image_decoder doesn' t work with jpeg which has DRI marker segment

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 am

(Duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=70&t=207061)

Checking the firmware code, there is some handling in there for DRI, but I'm not an expert on that particular code.
Can you post a JPEG which gives you issues somewhere so I can try it and see where it is throwing the error? It's not nice code to find where it bails out, so a test case would be useful.

Seeing as the JPEG encoder will insert restart markers and DRI, I'd be a little surprised if there is an issue on decode, but I don't have a sensible test case set up at the moment.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
Please don't send PMs asking for support - use the forum.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

Cumulonimbus

Re: image_decoder doesn' t work with jpeg which has DRI marker segment

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:43 pm

6by9 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 am
(Duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=70&t=207061)

Checking the firmware code, there is some handling in there for DRI, but I'm not an expert on that particular code.
Can you post a JPEG which gives you issues somewhere so I can try it and see where it is throwing the error? It's not nice code to find where it bails out, so a test case would be useful.

Seeing as the JPEG encoder will insert restart markers and DRI, I'd be a little surprised if there is an issue on decode, but I don't have a sensible test case set up at the moment.
Thanks for your reply.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/laiedgp8zmip60f/img.rar?dl=0
These images from a usb camera.
I have also tryed to remove DRI and RST markers, but it seems not easy.

Return to “OpenMAX”