pitkaran

Re: Angstrom Linux on Raspberry Pi

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:03 am

Hi,

I've been using Angstrom (Ångstrom) on Beagleboard and love how fast it boots up and really like the online building tool (Narcissus).

Has anyone had a go at running Angstrom on Raspberry? Or does anyone know any apparent reasons why I shouldn't waste time trying it out when I get my Raspberry.

Still waiting for my board..

(edit: trying to move this to post to features and requests, feel free to help:) or delete this,

sorry about the hassle)

pitkaran

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Anyone still interested in this topic can check out progress from

http://blogs.distant-earth.com...../?m=201204

which is a blog post by John Willis.

Once things have settled down a little and the GPU libraries are all working my aim is to get the meta-raspberrypi layer into a state that can be included by default in the upstream Angstrom distribution. That would bring lots of nice benefits like ARMv6 and RaspberryPi optimised software feeds and use of the Angstrom online image builder to put RaspberryPi images together.

I’ll also find a way, if I can, to distribute images all setup with binaries for the GPU and ready to go. People can then grab it and write to an SD just like other distributions.

djwillis

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting this up. I am still working on the image but the basic tree is working and it looks like things like the GPU binaries can be sorted out quite soon .

Just playing with a few tweaks to get the basic stuff working well so all the OE images can be played with. Don't expect the big desktop images to work well mind you . Gnome is just a tad slow, and KDE well... - That said, using the same Xfce setup I use for the OpenPandora works pretty well. Just need to look into some 2D acceleration for X.

John

keener2u

Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:39 am

I tried running this script. But I keep getting a no shadow file when i try to log into angstrom. Does anybody know how to get angstrom to create a shadow file so I can login. Thanks.

Return to “General discussion”