Awesome. Thank you very much. Some (minor) things I ran into:
- Following your instructions in the README, I had to change (apt-get install) 'boost-dev' to 'libboost-dev' because: 'E: Unable to locate package boost-dev' (I just blindly copy/pasted, so I deserved that one).
- Mouse.h and Mouse.cpp are missing in the git-repo, causing an error building EGLWindow. I copied them over from your pre-built pingl image (pingl.tgz). That worked, libNGL.so compiled.
- In the ObjDemo and ParticleFactory Makefiles, you left a 'hard path' to your 'jmacey' homedir. See LDFLAGS. Changing that built the 2 demos.
- When starting ObjDemo or ParticleFactory, I just get a black screen. In LXDE, it takes some time to load, and fiddling with the mouse to get to the fullscreen ObjDemo. Sweet! I guess it only runs under X?
- ObjDemo is really smooth. ParticleFactory not so much (~3fps or so). I do get some 'Shader compile failed or had warnings'. I vaguely remember you mentioning something about the slow particles elsewhere, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, I just came in to say thanks. This has been (and I'm sure will continue to be) a great learning experience.
Edit: reading this topic: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... =68&t=8341
where you work on the keyboard and mouse. You also mention not using X. Hmm...