Platin21

OpenGL ES on X Error

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Hello,

So i will write it out short and simply. I have a problem with egl wich prints out libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate.
I created an simple XWindow and tryed to attach an egl context to it but it fails on eglInitialize. And yes searched all ready for a solution but can not find one. Tryed some Librarys but im not very satisfied. I'm using the actual raspbian stretch with libgles2-mesa-dev, libegl1-mesa-dri,mesa-utils. And i link to EGL;GLESv2;X11;

Code: Select all

#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <EGL/egl.h>
#include <EGL/eglplatform.h>
#include <GLES2/gl2.h>
#include <iostream>

struct Pane {
  Window win;
  Display *display;
  Atom windowDeletMessage;
  int x11_file;

EGLDisplay egl_display;
  EGLContext egl_context;
  EGLSurface egl_surface;
  EGLConfig  egl_config;
  EGLint egl_num_config;

EGLint egl_minor;
  EGLint egl_major;
};

void setup_window(Pane &self) {
  self.display = XOpenDisplay(nullptr);
  if (self.display == nullptr) {
    exit(0);
  }
  auto s = DefaultScreen(self.display);
  self.win = XCreateSimpleWindow(
      self.display, RootWindow(self.display, s), 10, 10, 800, 600, 1,
      BlackPixel(self.display, s), WhitePixel(self.display, s));
  self.windowDeletMessage =
      XInternAtom(self.display, "WM_DELETE_WINDOW", false);
  XSetWMProtocols(self.display, self.win, &self.windowDeletMessage, 1);
  XStoreName(self.display, self.win, "Default Window");
  XSelectInput(self.display,self.win, KeyPressMask | KeyReleaseMask | LeaveWindowMask | EnterWindowMask | PointerMotionMask | ResizeRedirectMask);
  XMapWindow(self.display, self.win);
  XFlush(self.display);

self.x11_file = ConnectionNumber(self.display);
}

void GetEvent(Pane &self, XEvent &e) {
   // Event handling...
}

void setup_egl(Pane &self)
{
	const EGLint Attributes[] = //Note to much is to much
	{
		EGL_RED_SIZE,8,
		EGL_GREEN_SIZE,8,
		EGL_BLUE_SIZE,8,
		EGL_ALPHA_SIZE,8,
		EGL_NONE,
	};

self.egl_display = eglGetDisplay(self.display);
	if(self.egl_display == EGL_NO_DISPLAY)
	{
	        printf("EGL Failed to Obtain Window!)  // Note this is not Error handling!
		exit(103);
	}
	if(eglInitialize(self.egl_display,&self.egl_major,&self.egl_minor) == EGL_FALSE)
	{
		printf("EGL Failed to Initzialize!");
		exit(104);
	};
	eglChooseConfig(self.egl_display, Attributes, &self.egl_config, 1, &self.egl_num_config);
	self.egl_context = eglCreateContext(self.egl_display, self.egl_config,EGL_NO_CONTEXT,nullptr);
	self.egl_surface = eglCreateWindowSurface(self.egl_display, self.egl_config, self.win, nullptr);
	eglMakeCurrent(self.egl_display, self.egl_surface, self.egl_surface, self.egl_context);

glClearColor(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
	glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
	glFlush();
	eglSwapBuffers(self.display, self.egl_surface);
}

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
  Pane pane;
  setup_window(pane);
  setup_egl(pane);

XEvent e;
  while (true) {
      GetEvent(pane, e);
	  glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
  }
}
Thanks for any help!

ghans

Re: OpenGL ES on X Error

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:31 am

Did you enable the new experimental GPU driver ? The old , stable one does not cooperate with X and is accessed completely orthogonal to X.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

Platin21

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 am

It is enabled via Rapsi-config. I use full KMS. Also it would not return a correct egl display if it would be the old driver.

Platin21

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:01 pm

What i also not understand is why are there no libGLESv2.so files in the armhf folder even i use full kms how can the use it when there is no egl library or GLES library where the link to? Another thing is with a manual installation of vc4 it works like a charm in jessie but i this is not possible on stretch.

Platin21

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Very interssting is that i found out this could be actually
taht i link to the wrong lib even if i get an right
egldisplay wich makes for me no sense but it is so.
This opens the Question how to link to the vc4 lib in a way were we can use X?

ghans

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:05 am

The foundation renamed some libraries in August 2017 to clear up some confusion.

libGLESv2.so became libbrcmGLESv2.so
libEGL.so became libbrcmEGL.so

and so on. Why ? It turns out Mesa ships libraries with exactly the same name and people were gettting confused which libraries were from Mesa and which from Broadcom. This is especially fatal since the libraries Mesa provides are better integrated with X , but less stable and a bit slower (speed has increased dramatically since hardware rendering was added).

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

gkreidl

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:44 am

ghans wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:05 am
The foundation renamed some libraries in August 2017 to clear up some confusion.

libGLESv2.so became libbrcmGLESv2.so
libEGL.so became libbrcmEGL.so

and so on. Why ? It turns out Mesa ships libraries with exactly the same name and people were gettting confused which libraries were from Mesa and which from Broadcom. This is especially fatal since the libraries Mesa provides are better integrated with X , but less stable and a bit slower (speed has increased dramatically since hardware rendering was added).

ghans
.. and this has turned compiling some packages against these libraries into a real nightmare.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

Platin21

Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:34 pm

So when i want to link to the mesa library and use an Xwindow where do i find the EGL implementation?

Platin21

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:26 am

Or to say it in other words wich argument do i need to pass to gcc to accept my XWindow.
Today i use: gcc main.cpp -lX11 -lEGL -lGLESv2 wich compiles but throws the DRI2 warning wich then doesn't let me draw anything to the screen.
I can use:

Code: Select all

$ sudo ln -fs /usr/lib/chromium-browser/libGLESv2.so /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so
 $ sudo ln -fs /usr/lib/chromium-browser/libEGL.so /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libEGL.so

Wich surprisingly works ? But it is not a solution more a workaround.

Return to “OpenGLES”