Davespice
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Need a volunteer to peer review some code

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:27 am

Hello folks. I am in the process of learning open GL ES and I need a volunteer to have a look at the code I’ve written and check that I’m not making any faux pas or doing anything I shouldn’t. Someone to criticise it basically, an exercise I hope I’ll learn something from.

So to recap;

I’ve never done any 3D programming myself before, but I have done a lot of industrial business applications for big companies like Universal Music etc. So I can program well but I have never done anything like this before. I have also done a bit of modelling work in 3D Studio Max so I understand the concept of points, lines, polygons and textures etc.

I had a good long look around on the net for Open GL ES tutorials and I ended up finding this blog;
http://iphonedevelopment.blogspot.co.uk ... le-of.html
The blog is intended for teaching ogles for iPhone developers, so I have been working through it, reading everything so I can conceptually understand it and converting the code to run on the Raspberry Pi.

I managed this by slightly reverse engineering the hello_triangle example that comes with the Debian SD card image. Keeping parts of it which set up the screen but removing everything to do with the cube.

I am also kind of looking for a programming buddy to kind of keep me on the right path so to speak. If you might be up for this, either leave a message below or send me a PM and I’ll explain what all this is about.

Cheers
Dave

jmacey

Re: Need a volunteer to peer review some code

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:42 am

I'm happy to help, either post it here PM / mail me and I will have a look.

Jon

Davespice
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:24 am

jmacey wrote:I'm happy to help, either post it here PM / mail me and I will have a look.

Jon
Sent you a PM.

Gibble

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:32 pm

I'm learning OpenGLES as well, so feel free to give me a shout sometime. May not know it so well, but sometimes its good to hear from people who are probably making the same mistakes!

AndyEsser

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:49 am

I'm happy for you to send me emails/PM's with any questions. I've been programming with OpenGL for about 8 years now, and OpenGL ES for about 18 months.

Return to “OpenGLES”