Actually I just decided to start looking into it, it didn't require any significant work... just disable the libconfi_rpi in /etc/ld.so.preloadAndyD wrote:You could always load different code based on the model. Obviously it is up to you if you want to maintain compatibility or not.Naiw wrote:Yes, I assumed it would work on the old RPis now, I'm rewriting some stuff to use assembly however and that's what worries me could cause compatibility issues with the old RPi- I really want to change the detection/Blitting to use Neon but that would really be a no go on the old RPi, so currently I'm experimenting with regular ARM assembly and attempt using the barrel shifter in an efficient way.
That is interesting to know. I haven't tried valgrind on the Raspberry Pi (not seriously at least). I didn't know hat was the problem.Naiw wrote:Speaking of which it's too bad valgrind/callgrind doesn't work any good on the RPi due to some god damned reason they decided to use bigendian in libconfi_rpi, I haven't decided if time is best spent attempting to rewrite that or keep on using gprof.