netzvieh

UFO:AI on the Raspi

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a big fan of UFO:AI and want to get it running on my Pi. Since I found noone who has tried it yet, I got the newest dev source from their github and compiled it (takes about forever :lol: ). But when I try to run it, I get the following console output and this beautiful crashdump.

They thought it could be some issue with the SDL on the Pi, but after some searching I think this lines

Code: Select all

SDL SetVideoMode failed: Couldn't find matching GLX visual
Failed to set video mode 1024x768 fullscreen.
have more to do with the availability of GLX on the Pi. After some more searching I found the following statement:
Since my C++ is more "Hello World" than anything else and I have near to no experience in graphic programming , I'm not sure if it is possible to alter the code to use EGL if GLX is not available and how much work it would be - say how much I have to love this game ;)

I hope you can help me/give your opinion

~~~netzvieh

netzvieh

Re: UFO:AI on the Raspi

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:37 am

Okay, little update: after removing libgl1-mesa-dev and libgl1-mesa-glx and reinstalling them (including all packages autoremoved with the deinstallation) it opens an empty window for some seconds, goes fullscreen and then exits.

console output
crashdump.txt

It states "No hardware accleration detected." but I thought there is some hwa on the Pi ...

btw, gdb gives me SIGILL from libcryto.so.1.0.0

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~/ufoai $ gdb ufo
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "arm-linux-gnueabihf".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
Reading symbols from /home/pi/ufoai/ufo...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/pi/ufoai/ufo 
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0x40eca4c0 in ?? () from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
(gdb)
~~~netzvieh

ghans

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:16 am

AFAIK the OpenMAX and OpenGL ES implementations on the
GPU need to be initialised first , and thats not
"standards-compliant". So there will always be the need for
customization.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

-rst-

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:27 pm

There is a RPi specific port of SDL from forum user Vanfanel - not sure how easy it would be to incorporate that to this project... Some SDL based software have been reported to run on RPi, but possibly without hwaccel.
http://raspberrycompote.blogspot.com/ - Low-level graphics and 'Coding Gold Dust'

Narishma

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:42 am

netzvieh wrote:It states "No hardware accleration detected." but I thought there is some hwa on the Pi ...
There is, but it's not what your game supports. Your game uses OpenGL while the Pi has hardware acceleration for OpenGL ES. OpenGL is initialized with GLX (on systems with an X server like desktop Linux) while OpenGL ES uses EGL. The GLX you have installed is a software version running on the CPU.

Return to “Graphics programming”