doe300

Re: OpenCL on the VideoCore IV!

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:37 pm

vottghern wrote:Result without sudo: [...]
I know that requiring root access to run an OpenCL program is not a good idea. But there are limitations, which are hard/impossible to go around. So for now, programs using VC4CL will always require admin rights.
vottghern wrote:Result WITH sudo: [...]
See here, also for more bugs/updates supporting OpenCV. I haven't had time yet to look into the warning, but it should not affect the program (except that it takes longer).
The error
vottghern wrote:OpenCL error CL_INVALID_WORK_GROUP_SIZE (-54) during call: clEnqueueNDRangeKernel [...]
comes from OpenCV (as sadly also so many other OpenCL programs) not heeding the implementation limit for the local work-group size. This can only be fixed inside the OpenCV code. VC4CL supports only a work-group size of 12 elements (and not the 16 required in this error).

Zenitur

Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello doe300! Thank you for updating of Wiki. I'd posted my GCC build because I'd used Raspbian 8 at that moment. Now I'm Using Raspbian 9, and VC4CL was successfully installed using the instruction from Wiki.

I'd tested VC4CL with a cgminer application. I had got 0 h/s. After few hours, an application stopped to work. Although, the GPU had some heat when cgminer was started. I'd tested with a nightly builds versions 0.4-2018-07-01 and 0.4-2018-08-21. This is my binary, and this is a command that I used:

Code: Select all

sudo ./cgminer -T --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc-eu.give-me-coins.com:3333 -u Zenitur.rpi -p raspberry --no-submit-stale

doe300

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:40 pm

What mining program do you use? I couldn't find any cgminer which uses OpenCL.
Zenitur wrote:Although, the GPU had some heat when cgminer was started
What do you mean? Actual heat or usage?

Zenitur

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:34 pm

doe300, I'm sorry for my bad English. This is not my native language.

The last cgminer version that using OpenCL is 3.7.2. Starting from 3.8, Con Colivas dropped OpenCL support.

I'd attached my build in my previous message. It's a cloud storage, don't afraid of them, this is not a virus.
doe300 wrote:What do you mean? Actual heat or usage?
Is "heat" a temperature in celsius? I mean that my Raspberry Pi's GPU is 40° when idle, and 65° when cgminer is running. But it doesn't shows any results.

My target is not cgminer because of nobody mine Litecoin on GPU's today. I just making a tests. My target is sgminer-gm 5.5.6, a fork of cgminer. I want to know, how much hashrate can I get on Raspberry Pi's GPU in cryptonightv7 mining.

Return to “Graphics programming”