fredfs

Kill the CLI frambebuffer

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:40 pm

Hello, I would like to play images and videos, and use negative frambeffer numbers (example, omxplayer --layer '-10')
But the command prompt at frambuffer 0 stays on top of negative buffer.
I dont use the command prompt, how can I kill it, or prevent it from starting at all?

jojopi

Re: Kill the CLI frambebuffer

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:03 pm

According to "omxplayer --help", higher layers are on top, so I do not understand what you want -10 to do.

I have never seen the kernel framebuffer above omxplayer. Rather, if the aspect ratio of the video does not match your display, you will see the framebuffer around the edges. "omxplayer -b" solves that.

Changing physical resolution with "tvservice" has the side effect of breaking the kernel framebuffer until it is reinitialized with "fbset".

fredfs

Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:35 am

How can I kill the tty1 framebuffer or prevent it from starting at all?

AndyD

Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:42 am

fredfs wrote:How can I kill the tty1 framebuffer or prevent it from starting at all?
From memory if you use the tvservice command to change the video mode, the framebuffer is destroyed. Have a look at Changing video resolution on the fly?

dividuum

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:30 pm

The default console layer is -127 or something, so -10 should still result in a visible the omxplayer output. In info-beamer, I basically use this (except written in C):

Code: Select all

echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank
This removes the console. You can restore it by writing '0' instead of '1'.
info-beamer hosted - A user and programmer friendly digital signage platform for the Pi: https://info-beamer.com/hosted

fredfs

Thu May 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Omxplayer has a strage behavior when on negative layer (example -10), if there is a tranaprant png layer over it, you dont see omxplayer layer. If omxplayer is on layer zero or above, you can render transparent png over it without problems.
Why?

Return to “Graphics programming”