jcreasey

PCmanFM and Menu

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:02 pm

The new release of Raspian (2015-01-31) has me utterly confused.
The Menu (start button) does not match PCmanFM's menu:// and I cannot find out how to add or move elements. I can add applications in /usr/share/applications, but can't control where they appear in the Menu.

I can find no way to have PCmanFM additional actions fully recognised in /home/pi/.local/file-manager/actions ....so can't find a way to set new right click options for files.
I can find no way to manage the content of the Menu at all tree levels. For example if there are directories below a given point, the right click menu includes 'Open with....' but if in a directory with only files, then right click does not include 'Open with....'
In the past with pcmanfm we had Open as root, but now do not. To get equivalent functionality back you need to be able to create right click actions such as 'sudo Leafpad', 'sudo copy' and 'sudo Move'
In addition the new pcmanfm does not have 'make executable' in the file properties form...it has been replaced with a quite useless greyed out 'Hidden File' indicator.

Does anyone have any insight into:
1. Reconfiguration of the Menu
2. Supporting actions in PCmanFM
3. Getting back the 'Make Executable' feature

Thanks JackC

DavidSturzenbecher

Re: PCmanFM and Menu

Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Bump,
I am looking for a solution too.

itsmedoofer

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:17 am

+2

itsmedoofer

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:35 am

Hi,

I found this and now have open as root back and working....

http://askubuntu.com/questions/444305/o ... le-manager

Return to “Raspbian”