bennor3814

Re: Improved forked-daapd (iTunes server)

Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:05 pm

ejurgensen wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:27 pm
If it doesn't suffice, try to stop forked-daapd, move /var/cache/forked-daapd/songs3.db to a backup location, and restart forked-daapd. Then the database will be recreated and everything gets rescanned.
This did the trick. Thanks. Working now. :)

choalla

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:55 am

Hello. I'm having some trouble trying to figure out the web interface. I'm running forked-daapd 26.5, via distro, on jessie. The problem is whenever I navigate my browser (Firefox) to http://forked-daapd.local:3689, it redirects to admin.html and I can't seem to navigate away from that page to access the playback controls or anything. I've attached an image of the only page I'm able to access. If anyone can help me access the playback controls that would be extremely helpful.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 2.49.19 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 2.49.19 AM.jpg (143.61 KiB) Viewed 693 times

ejurgensen

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:56 am

You need to upgrade to Stretch to get the web interface

jorbas

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:53 pm

A little unrelated to your pre-packaged version, I'm compiling forked-daapd myself, but I'm having an issue with playback from pipes. My compiled version will instantly crash due to a double free (or corruption), is this something you came across when putting this together? It works fine in your version but I'd like to strip a couple of features out compared to that (I only want it with web sockets and Chromecast added, not Pulseaudio, Spotify and LastFM).

ejurgensen

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:33 pm

Sounds like it could be a bug due to recent changes in the master branch on github. The pipe input hasn’t really been tested after those changes. It would be good if you could open an issue on it.

vishnumrao

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:41 am

I recently moved all my music to a NAS drive. So I no longer have any music on the local hard drive connected to the pi.

I followed the instructions on the help section here: http://ejurgensen.github.io/forked-daapd/#library

Subsection: Libraries on network mounts

But I get an error

Code: Select all

[email protected]:~$ tail -f /var/log/forked-daapd.log
[2019-04-28 22:21:11] [  LOG]       db: Configured to use database file '/var/cache/forked-daapd/songs3.db'
[2019-04-28 22:21:11] [  LOG]       db: Now vacuuming database, this may take some time...
[2019-04-28 22:21:12] [  LOG]       db: Database OK with 0 active files and 6 active playlists
[2019-04-28 22:21:12] [  LOG]   laudio: Pulseaudio failed with error: Connection refused
[2019-04-28 22:21:12] [  LOG]   laudio: Error initializing Pulseaudio: Connection refused
[2019-04-28 22:21:12] [  LOG]     scan: Skipping library directory /192.168.1.1/mnt/My2TB/Backup/Music, could not dereference: No such file or directory
[2019-04-28 22:21:12] [  LOG]     scan: Bulk library scan completed in 0 sec
[2019-04-28 22:21:12] [  LOG]      lib: Library init scan completed in 0 sec (1 changes)
[2019-04-28 22:21:22] [  LOG]    cache: Beginning DAAP cache update
[2019-04-28 22:21:25] [  LOG]    cache: DAAP cache updated
Any idea on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

EckartH

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Can you please post the line from you config file where you specify the location of your library.

This does not look right
/192.168.1.1/mnt/My2TB/Backup/Music
This path will likely not exist.

In this context: what is the mount point you are using?

vishnumrao

Wed May 01, 2019 5:32 pm

EckartH wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:26 pm
Can you please post the line from you config file where you specify the location of your library.
Here you go:

# Directories to index
directories = { "/home/osmc/Music", "/192.168.1.1/mnt/My2TB/Backup/Music" }
This does not look right
/192.168.1.1/mnt/My2TB/Backup/Music
This path will likely not exist.

In this context: what is the mount point you are using?
from logging into the router where disk is physically connected: the path is:

[email protected]:/tmp/home/root# cd /mnt/My2TB/Backup/Music/
[email protected]:/tmp/mnt/My2TB/Backup/Music#
I notice that the path eventually gets an /tmp added to the path. So I have also tried to add /tmp to the path in daapd.conf. but no luck.

One more thing: The music on my NAS (router with USB hdd) resides on an smb share, with username & password required to access it. Could this be the problem? If yet, how do I add username & password to the daapd.conf to be able to access the music?

EckartH

Thu May 02, 2019 10:03 am

I think I have to ask a few questions first:

- What is the OS? Does not look like Rasbian.

- How do you mount the SMB share? Do you have an entry in /etc/fstab?

- What is the output of `df -h`?

- Is this output from the Pi on which you run forked-daapd?
[email protected]:/tmp/mnt/My2TB/Backup/Music
I suspect the Pi runs under OSMC and you did ....

vishnumrao

Thu May 02, 2019 11:39 pm

EckartH wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:03 am
I think I have to ask a few questions first:

- What is the OS? Does not look like Rasbian.
OS is OSMC. I think you did identify that.
- How do you mount the SMB share? Do you have an entry in /etc/fstab?
Nope. I don't have the SMB share mounted. I thought that forked-dadpd is capable of browsing remote directories without me needing to mount the SMB directory.

Are you suggesting I have to mount the SMB share and then point the mount point in the daapd.conf?
- What is the output of `df -h`?
I will post this later today, when I get home.
- Is this output from the Pi on which you run forked-daapd?
[email protected]:/tmp/mnt/My2TB/Backup/Music
Sorry to confuse you. NO this is from the NAS to which I have the hdd connected. I was merely trying to point out that the path I inserted into the daapd.conf is same as the path on the remote server.
I suspect the Pi runs under OSMC and you did ....
Yes Pi runs OSMC.

EckartH

Fri May 03, 2019 2:12 pm

I start to see clearer. Unfortunately, I have no experience with OSMC. Hence, I do not know whether it is possible to achieve what you are trying to do.

In any case, the forked-daap daemon will not mount the SMB share by itself. You need to do that before forked-daapd is start; otherwise it will fail to find any files.

The normal way in UNIX is to add a line to /etc/fstab which will invoke the mount process. That is also the place where to specify the username and password the NAS wants to see. Some attention needs to be paid that the user in whose space forked-daapd runs has the right to read the mounted directories and files. This is where some of the dynamics processes to mount disk and share coming with various Linux distribution often cause confusion (for beginners).

I do not know the reasons that you are using OSMC. Did you have to manually install forked-daapd or did it come with the distrbution? I am only aware of distribution images with Kodi preinstalled.

vishnumrao

Fri May 03, 2019 4:16 pm

EckartH wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:12 pm
I start to see clearer. Unfortunately, I have no experience with OSMC. Hence, I do not know whether it is possible to achieve what you are trying to do.

In any case, the forked-daap daemon will not mount the SMB share by itself. You need to do that before forked-daapd is start; otherwise it will fail to find any files.

The normal way in UNIX is to add a line to /etc/fstab which will invoke the mount process. That is also the place where to specify the username and password the NAS wants to see. Some attention needs to be paid that the user in whose space forked-daapd runs has the right to read the mounted directories and files. This is where some of the dynamics processes to mount disk and share coming with various Linux distribution often cause confusion (for beginners).

I do not know the reasons that you are using OSMC. Did you have to manually install forked-daapd or did it come with the distrbution? I am only aware of distribution images with Kodi preinstalled.
Yup. After reading your post, I realized my error. As you said, the smb share has to be mounted first and then the mount point has to be added as the Music directory.

I had to install cifs-utils and use cifs.mount to mount the smb share. Then forked-daapd was able to find the music and I was able to play my music.

Thanks for your help. One suggestion: In the help http://ejurgensen.github.io/forked-daapd/#library, would you please add a bit of clarification that the network music directory has to be first mounted and then the mount point is to be added to the daapd.conf file. It will help noobs like me.

I use Kodi on my rp1 model B. Thats why I use OSMC. I also run pi-hole on it. And now forked-daapd. This rp1 model B is great.

Mario21

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:54 am

Hi,
Thank you for this superb software. I have one problem though that I can't solve.
I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3. I want to control the library with MPC. The problem I have is this: I can add a song with mpc add and it works fine. But if I want to play it with mpc play, I get this error: « mpd error: Failed to start playback ». On the other hand, if I add the song first via the web interface, then I can play it with mpc play.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Mario

ejurgensen

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:40 pm

"mpc play" should work, so I don't have an immediate answer. Please provide some more details:

1. Which version of forked-daapd (where did you install from)
2. The commands you issue
3. What the log says* in response to your commands (try setting the log level to debug in the config)

* Please don't post an entire log... try do extract just the bits that are relevant to the issue.

Mario21

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 pm

I have Forked Media Server Version 26.5, installed from the instructions on this forum:

Add repository key
wget -q -O - ‪http://www.gyfgafguf.dk/raspbian/forked-daapd.gpg‬ | sudo apt-key add -

Add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb ‪http://www.gyfgafguf.dk/raspbian/forked-daapd/‬ stretch contrib

Run sudo apt update and then sudo apt install forked-daapd

2. The commands you issue
I start it with sudo forked-daapd

To add a song: mpc add http://localhost/t1.mp3

To play: mpc play
I get the error: mpd error: Failed to start playback

The log file gives:
[2019-06-11 18:36:24] [ LOG] xcode: Cannot open 'http://localhost/t1.mp3': Connection refused
[2019-06-11 18:36:24] [ LOG] player: Failed to open 'http://localhost/t1.mp3' (id=9999999, item-id=110)
[2019-06-11 18:36:24] [ LOG] mpd: Error executing command 'play': Failed to start playback

If I add the same song with the web interface, mpc play works fine. I must be missing something obvious.

Thanks

ejurgensen

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:20 pm

What is the corresponding log file for when it works using the web interface?

And are you actually serving the file (or stream?) from a web server on localhost? Since it says connection refused it would seem you aren't.

Return to “Raspbian”