gkreidl

Buster Upgrade for kweb

Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:25 am

The kweb suite can now also be used on Raspbian Buster. This requires two steps.

1) Install kweb 1.7.9.8 as described in the OP of this thread

2) Download and install the partial Buster Upgrade:

Code: Select all

wget http://steinerdatenbank.de/software/kweb_upgrade_buster_20190823.tar.gz
tar -xzf kweb_upgrade_buster_20190823.tar.gz
cd kweb_upgrade_buster_20190823
./install
This will install a new version of omxplayerGUI and some other tools. You will find more information about the updates in this post:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 0#p1456860 (But you should not download the upgrade from this post, as it is not compatible with Buster).

The Upgrade will also install gksu from Stretch packages, because kweb requires gksudo which is not available in Buster any more.

Special Notes:
omxplayer disables all kinds of OSD (subtitles, Position display etc.) on the RPi 4 and on older RPis, if you enable one of the KMS drivers. Of course omxplayerGUI will also be affected by this.

On the RPi 4B, the additional HW codecs (MPEG2 etc.) are not available any more. omplayer(GUI) won't be able to play video files or streams using one of these codecs.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

Pearl.852

Re: Kweb Suite (Minimal Kiosk Browser, omxplayerGUI)

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Thanks for the Buster Upgrade for kweb. Really appreciate for your time and efforts.

I have tested on my RPi-3B and like to report a problem with the OMXplayerGUI frontend 1.7.9.9-otr. When playing a Youtube link, the video always ended about 5~7 seconds too soon. I have tried on 3 separate youtube videos. Please check.

Same problem occurs when click "Play" to play the Youtube video within the kweb browser as well.

Return to “Raspbian”