pofoklempner

Re: Kweb Suite (Minimal Kiosk Browser, omxplayerGUI)

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Hello,

I reinstalled Stretch (13.03.2018) and kweb-1.7.9.8.tar.gz. In the Omxplayer GUI menu / pi / HD is not displayed (with the old version about 29.11.17 was still). Manually you can call up the HD and start the movie.

pofoklempner

gkreidl

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:44 pm

pofoklempner wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:34 pm
Hello,

I reinstalled Stretch (13.03.2018) and kweb-1.7.9.8.tar.gz. In the Omxplayer GUI menu / pi / HD is not displayed (with the old version about 29.11.17 was still). Manually you can call up the HD and start the movie.

pofoklempner
hat do you mean by "Omxplayer GUI menu"? And what is "/pi/HD" and where it is not displayed?
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

pofoklempner

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Hello,

sorry, the file is ok, it was an operator error of mine. Here are all the operating steps:

Omxplayer GUI

Open

Verzeichnis Home/Pi

/

media

pi

HD (566C-3868)

Filme A-Z

pofoklempner

playdoh

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Is there any way to get an RTSP stream working by sending an http request to the ytdl server?

EDIT: I managed to get the rtsp feed to run with dplay and an m3u file but the resizing does not seem to be working. This is what my file looks like:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,omxoptions=--win;0,0,1280,720;
http://localhost:9192/dplay?url=rtsp://....

Any idea why my omxoptions of the resizing is not working?

Thanks

gkreidl

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:36 pm

playdoh wrote:
Is there any way to get an RTSP stream working by sending an http request to the ytdl server?

EDIT: I managed to get the rtsp feed to run with dplay and an m3u file but the resizing does not seem to be working. This is what my file looks like:
#EXTM3U

Thanks
You should either use the special m3u format or the dplay command.
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

playdoh

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:53 pm

gkreidl wrote:
playdoh wrote:

#EXTM3U

Thanks
I managed to play the stream but the resizing options does not work when streaming rtsp. Any clue on why it works for normal videos and not for an rtsp feed?

gkreidl

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:06 pm

playdoh wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:53 pm
gkreidl wrote:
playdoh wrote:

#EXTM3U

Thanks
I managed to play the stream but the resizing options does not work when streaming rtsp. Any clue on why it works for normal videos and not for an rtsp feed?
Call the m3u directly (without dplay) or don't use the m3u and call dplay with the stream URL and with &omxoptions=...

eIanTaylor

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi

I have a kiosk setup with an < input > text box and an on-screen-keyboard made out of < button >s. I am attempting to use the css properties user-select and pointer-events to prevent the user from interacting with any other part of the screen. The effect is the same with mouse or touch interaction.
I have this working perfectly in desktop browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Opera but I can still highlight text and drag it around the screen in kWeb. All the documentation I've read suggests that web-Kit browsers are supposed to support this.

I'm not using any JavaScript libraries (except for a function to hook the button press events and a few functions that implement my own very minimal AJAX framework)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

gkreidl

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:22 am

eIanTaylor wrote:
Hi

I have a kiosk setup with an < input > text box and an on-screen-keyboard made out of < button >s. I am attempting to use the css properties user-select and pointer-events to prevent the user from interacting with any other part of the screen. The effect is the same with mouse or touch interaction.
I have this working perfectly in desktop browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Opera but I can still highlight text and drag it around the screen in kWeb. All the documentation I've read suggests that web-Kit browsers are supposed to support this.

I'm not using any JavaScript libraries (except for a function to hook the button press events and a few functions that implement my own very minimal AJAX framework)

Thanks
The webkit1 engine I'm using is quite old. Unfortunately the API of webkit2 has changed dramatically and is missing functions which I definitely need. But there may be a webkit2 version in the future, if I have found workarounds for the missing stuff.

eIanTaylor

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:19 pm

gkreidl wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:22 am
eIanTaylor wrote:
Hi

Thanks
The webkit1 engine I'm using is quite old. Unfortunately the API of webkit2 has changed dramatically and is missing functions which I definitely need. But there may be a webkit2 version in the future, if I have found workarounds for the missing stuff.
Thanks for the info... I had a feeling that may have been the case and I've just been playing with possible workarounds. Capturing mousedown events at the < body > level and only propagating those that occur over < input >s or < select >s looks promising. This works well on my test setups, I'll report back when I get back in the office and can try it on kWeb.

Laui

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 pm

No Kweb Suite anymore in the Repository?

gkreidl

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Laui wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 pm
No Kweb Suite anymore in the Repository?
It has never been in any of the official repositories.

Laui

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:16 pm

No? I thought. But found it in the past in the Repositories. How can i install it?

gkreidl

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:58 am

Laui wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:16 pm
No? I thought. But found it in the past in the Repositories. How can i install it?
For a while it was in kusti8's repository, because he needed it for his chromium extension, which is now obsolete.
The OP of this thread contains download and installation instructions. For later updates, you can use the built-on update function.

djimmy

Thu May 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Hello gkreidl,
Foremost, thank you very much for your work !

I use Kweb in Kiosk mode with Xinit.
I found an issue with an input with readonly attribute.

You can try this html page :
<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>
<input type="text" readonly />
</body>
</html>

If you click and drag in the same time on the input form, Xinit crash with this message :
Segmentation fault
xinit: connection to X server lost

Thank you !

gkreidl

Thu May 03, 2018 2:17 pm

djimmy wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:28 pm
Hello gkreidl,
Foremost, thank you very much for your work !

I use Kweb in Kiosk mode with Xinit.
I found an issue with an input with readonly attribute.

You can try this html page :
<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>
<input type="text" readonly />
</body>
</html>

If you click and drag in the same time on the input form, Xinit crash with this message :
Segmentation fault
xinit: connection to X server lost

Thank you !
Seems to be a problem of the webkit engine. Happens also in Midory and Epiphany.

djimmy

Thu May 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Yes, that's what I thought....

Thank you for very quick answer !

Laui

Thu May 03, 2018 5:30 pm

i installed the TBOPlayer yet (how-to install search in this Forum) and it works fine. It has also ab worst look :D but i like it more. I recommend it

gkreidl

Thu May 03, 2018 11:11 pm

Laui wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:30 pm
i installed the TBOPlayer yet (how-to install search in this Forum) and it works fine. It has also ab worst look :D but i like it more. I recommend it
I don't mind anybody using it, but this is completely off topic in this thread.

Rascas

Mon May 28, 2018 6:04 pm

On Raspbian Jessie, when playing a video directly trough omxplayerGUI, I am able to choose a diferent resolution and the video overlay adjusts accordingly. I am also able to move the omxplayerGUI window and the overlay goes to where I release the mouse button. But on Raspbian Stretch I am not able to do anything of this, like when I start playing a video, no matter what, it stays on the same resolution and I cannot change it or move it.
Is this a know Stretch bug ? I am asking this because I didn't remember to change anything for this to work on Jessie, and the configs seems to be identical, which are pretty much the default ones, maybe I am missing something...

gkreidl

Tue May 29, 2018 5:47 am

Rascas wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:04 pm
On Raspbian Jessie, when playing a video directly trough omxplayerGUI, I am able to choose a diferent resolution and the video overlay adjusts accordingly. I am also able to move the omxplayerGUI window and the overlay goes to where I release the mouse button. But on Raspbian Stretch I am not able to do anything of this, like when I start playing a video, no matter what, it stays on the same resolution and I cannot change it or move it.
Is this a know Stretch bug ? I am asking this because I didn't remember to change anything for this to work on Jessie, and the configs seems to be identical, which are pretty much the default ones, maybe I am missing something...
No, it should definitely work as before. To be sure, I just booted to my experimental Stretch system, updated everything to the latest version and tested it.
Does it stay in "frozen" mode, shown by an (f) in the title bar? As soon as dbus communication with omxplayer starts,the "(f)" should disappear and you should be able to resize and move the video window.

Rascas

Wed May 30, 2018 9:50 am

There is no "f" on title bar, i think I never saw it. Tested on an old Stretch image updated and now on the latest Stretch image, it still doesn't work. Is there any special dbus dependency?

gkreidl

Wed May 30, 2018 10:30 am

Rascas wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:50 am
There is no "f" on title bar, i think I never saw it. Tested on an old Stretch image updated and now on the latest Stretch image, it still doesn't work. Is there any special dbus dependency?
kweb uses a slightly extended dbus control script (check for dbuscontrolm.sh in /usr/local/bin) from omxplayer at github, which in turn uses dbus-send.

Rascas

Wed May 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks for your help, but I couldn't make it work still. I tried with latest Stretch image from 2018-04-18 which has kernel 4.14.34 and firmware from Apr 16 2018. Also tried updating with rpi-update to latest kernel (4.14.43) and firmware (25 May 2018). This with omxplayer version from 30 Mar 2017, which is the latest available on the repos and also tried with omxplayer compiled from git, 30 May 2018, still not working.
I took a look at the dbus script you mentioned, but I am not familiar with it and I couldn't find if there is any problem with it.
Can you please test it on the latest Stretch image ? I think something is missing now.

PS: It is working with Raspbian Jessie with kernel 4.9.70 and firmware from Dec 1 2017. omxplayer version 23 Sep 2016 (the latest available on the repos).

gkreidl

Wed May 30, 2018 4:04 pm

Rascas wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:36 pm
Thanks for your help, but I couldn't make it work still. I tried with latest Stretch image from 2018-04-18 which has kernel 4.14.34 and firmware from Apr 16 2018. Also tried updating with rpi-update to latest kernel (4.14.43) and firmware (25 May 2018). This with omxplayer version from 30 Mar 2017, which is the latest available on the repos and also tried with omxplayer compiled from git, 30 May 2018, still not working.
I took a look at the dbus script you mentioned, but I am not familiar with it and I couldn't find if there is any problem with it.
Can you please test it on the latest Stretch image ? I think something is missing now.

PS: It is working with Raspbian Jessie with kernel 4.9.70 and firmware from Dec 1 2017. omxplayer version 23 Sep 2016 (the latest available on the repos).
My Stretch system is running from a Hard Disk and I cannot simply exchange it, but it has been updated to the latest kernel and firmware versions (using apt, not rpi-update).
Could you check with synaptic which dbus components are installed on a fresh image?

Return to “Raspbian”