violgamba

Re: Kweb Suite (Minimal Kiosk Browser, omxplayerGUI)

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Thank you for the link gkreidl! This could be exactly what I need.

Morphy99

Re: Minimal Kiosk Browser

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:51 am

gkreidl wrote:
fubu wrote:I was testing raspbian lite + kweb3 on a Samsung 22" touchscreen (identified as "ILITEK ILITEK Multi-Touch" by evtest) this weekend and almost everything worked so far as expected (after installing some extra packages as mentioned in the docs). The only thing I'm still struggling with is the touch input. I don't know if it's a window manager/X server issue or if kweb3 can do anything about it, but scrolling by touch does not work in kweb3. Instead the text gets selected when I move my finger up or down. I also tested it in chromium, where it worked flawlessly, so it does not seem to be a driver/hardware issue.

Any ideas how I could achieve normal touch-based scrolling in kweb3?
Could you test other gtk+2 and gtk+3 applications, please (scrolling)?
I'm guessing this is possible after a quick search
Any plans to implement this?

gkreidl

Re: Minimal Kiosk Browser

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:40 am

Morphy99 wrote:
gkreidl wrote:
fubu wrote:I was testing raspbian lite + kweb3 on a Samsung 22" touchscreen (identified as "ILITEK ILITEK Multi-Touch" by evtest) this weekend and almost everything worked so far as expected (after installing some extra packages as mentioned in the docs). The only thing I'm still struggling with is the touch input. I don't know if it's a window manager/X server issue or if kweb3 can do anything about it, but scrolling by touch does not work in kweb3. Instead the text gets selected when I move my finger up or down. I also tested it in chromium, where it worked flawlessly, so it does not seem to be a driver/hardware issue.

Any ideas how I could achieve normal touch-based scrolling in kweb3?
Could you test other gtk+2 and gtk+3 applications, please (scrolling)?
I'm guessing this is possible after a quick search
Any plans to implement this?
No.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

gkreidl

New version 1.7.9.5 available

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:19 am

I have just published version 1.7.9.5 of the kweb suite. You can use the update function of kweb to install it or run a fresh install following the OP.

This update adds an embedded mode to the youtube-dl-server using a two way communication, which is used by omxplayerGUI when it runs the server in the background. All media requests are then sent to the running player instance instead of starting a new player. This also allows easy integration of omxplayerGUI into almost any browser for playing web video.

kweb, kweb3:
Use the embedded server for web video, if available.

omxplayerGUI:
The frontend starts the youtube-dl-server in embedded mode, if it is not already running.
Stops and and restarts the server when the settings are changed.
A new "Web" button in the frontend, which opens a simple web frontend in kweb.

Others
A default player_directory "Pi=/home/pi" has been added to the default settings and most presets.
The webplayer preset is not needed any more and has been removed. A new "noserver" preset has been added instead.
Fixed a small bug in kwebhelper_set.py.

Documentation
New revised and extended 7th edition of the omxplayerGUI manual.
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

gkreidl

Version 1.7.9.6 available

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:50 am

This update fixes a bug introduced by a last minute change in version 1.7.9.5.

Gadgetguy

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:17 pm

I have been using and liking the new web interface recently added to omxplayergui. I particularly like the enhanced access it gives to local media and also the abilty to drag and drop web urls representing video links from any browser into the web interface( I then click the play button which activates omxplayergui).You do not even need to take care to paste the url directly into one of the 2 form fields-dragging a link anywhere into the interface is sufficent to activate omxplayergui once the play button is clicked.

In addition to the default directory I have set up a second local directory : media=/media/pi to give me quick access to audio/visual material stored on my usb flash drives. At least a couple of times this secondary directory that I had set up- spontaneously disappeared from the web interface and I had to set it up again. Once was after the 1.7.9.6 patch. However it could possibly have been the result of me changing a Kweb preset in the settings menu. In any event it seems to be working stably now.

Would it be possible, and if so how would I get the top menu icons in the web interface to display colour for better visibility and differentiation eg. like the “stop loading” and “plugins” icons already do. I would like to colorize the play and home buttons to better differentiate them from their neighbouring icons. The reason I want this enhanced visibilty is because of the way I drag video links into the interface and then press play- if it was say green I could “find” it more quickly. Also would it be possible for the user to increase the preloaded font size in the web interface so we don't have to recustomize the web interface every time it is opened. I reiterate my previous “modest” request for the ability to preconfigure omxplayergui for only one instance at a time and always on top!

I have been wondering for a long time why Raspbian doesn't just add the additional codecs eg webm,vp8, vp9 etc provided by the “ experimental” gpu firmware to its standard distributions by default instead of forcing users to find out about them and then alter their config file. I have never encountered any untoward side effects that I have been aware of.

gkreidl

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:54 pm

Gadgetguy wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:17 pm
I have been using and liking the new web interface recently added to omxplayergui. I particularly like the enhanced access it gives to local media and also the abilty to drag and drop web urls representing video links from any browser into the web interface( I then click the play button which activates omxplayergui).You do not even need to take care to paste the url directly into one of the 2 form fields-dragging a link anywhere into the interface is sufficent to activate omxplayergui once the play button is clicked.

In addition to the default directory I have set up a second local directory : media=/media/pi to give me quick access to audio/visual material stored on my usb flash drives. At least a couple of times this secondary directory that I had set up- spontaneously disappeared from the web interface and I had to set it up again. Once was after the 1.7.9.6 patch. However it could possibly have been the result of me changing a Kweb preset in the settings menu. In any event it seems to be working stably now.

Would it be possible, and if so how would I get the top menu icons in the web interface to display colour for better visibility and differentiation eg. like the “stop loading” and “plugins” icons already do. I would like to colorize the play and home buttons to better differentiate them from their neighbouring icons. The reason I want this enhanced visibilty is because of the way I drag video links into the interface and then press play- if it was say green I could “find” it more quickly. Also would it be possible for the user to increase the preloaded font size in the web interface so we don't have to recustomize the web interface every time it is opened. I reiterate my previous “modest” request for the ability to preconfigure omxplayergui for only one instance at a time and always on top!

I have been wondering for a long time why Raspbian doesn't just add the additional codecs eg webm,vp8, vp9 etc provided by the “ experimental” gpu firmware to its standard distributions by default instead of forcing users to find out about them and then alter their config file. I have never encountered any untoward side effects that I have been aware of.
Kweb only uses system icons. You can download other symbol themes and select them using lxappearance. It won't work in kweb3 because it is blocked by the "Pixel" (now Raspbian Desktop) stuff.

Changing the style of the web interface is really easy. You already have 5 styles which you can select (player1.css ... player5.css). Create a copy of one of them and change colors ad font sizes and save it with a new name. All style sheets are in/usr/local/share/kweb (and your additional file must also be copied to this folder).

Timmeehh

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 pm

Hello guys.

I am using KWEB for my MagicMirror on my Raspberry Pi Zero with Jessie lite. It works great and is really fast, which is amazing.

At this moment I am trying to rotate the screen, which I did in my boot options, but it seems that KWEB does not really get the right dimensions when rotating.

I have a 1024x768 screen, and when rotating KWEB seems to not get those rotated dimensions right (the width number is too high, the height number too low).

I hope you understand what I mean, I can upload a picture if you need it or don't understand me.

Is there anything I can do about this? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

gkreidl

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:00 pm

Timmeehh wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 pm
Hello guys.

I am using KWEB for my MagicMirror on my Raspberry Pi Zero with Jessie lite. It works great and is really fast, which is amazing.

At this moment I am trying to rotate the screen, which I did in my boot options, but it seems that KWEB does not really get the right dimensions when rotating.

I have a 1024x768 screen, and when rotating KWEB seems to not get those rotated dimensions right (the width number is too high, the height number too low).

I hope you understand what I mean, I can upload a picture if you need it or don't understand me.

Is there anything I can do about this? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
By default kweb will start in maximized mode (but this can be disabled); this should also work for a rotated screen.

Gadgetguy

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:32 pm

I just did a quick preliminary test of kweb on the new stretch image. Kweb3 would not load the youtube page. I tried different user agents found in utilities. Kweb did however load youtube. I will investigate further when time permits. Perhaps this problem may affect epiphany I didn't test.

gkreidl

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Gadgetguy wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:32 pm
I just did a quick preliminary test of kweb on the new stretch image. Kweb3 would not load the youtube page. I tried different user agents found in utilities. Kweb did however load youtube. I will investigate further when time permits. Perhaps this problem may affect epiphany I didn't test.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll start updating one of my systems (the least critical one) over the weekend and will then start to test all the software which I have written or packaged for the Raspberry Pi.

gkreidl

Kweb Suite on Stretch

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:29 am

I've run some first tests today and basically the kweb suite is working, but it looks like the accelerated webkitgtk3 engine has been removed from Stretch and the configuration options I have used to circumvent some of it's bugs don't work any more (and keep it from working in an optimal way).

In fact, it looks like there is no need for two kweb versions any more and in the future they will merge again into one (in kweb 1.8, using gtk3 as interface). And this will require a lot of changes in the manual.

I'm preparing a first version 1.7.9.7 for Stretch and it will keep both kweb versions for compatibility reasons and for testing. Both should basically work exactly alike, just using a different interface (gtk2 or gtk3).
There will be only a few changes:
The default youtube-dl installation will use pip instead of the github version (which is still supported).
git will be removed from the dependencies, python-pip (which is installed by default) and uget will be added.
The whole installation process will be simplified a bit.
You do not have to add keyboards symbols in the command line options string any more, except if you want to restrict the usage (in kiosk mode, for example).
There will only be two icon sizes: big (default) or small. The current default "Raspbian Desktop" doesn't let you set the icon size anyway (you need lxappearance, which is not completely compatible with the default desktop).

kweb 1.7.9.6 will be the last version for Jessie as long as there isn't a serious bug.

Parakoopa

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi, first thank you for this great browser! Experimented with Chrome on the raspberry before and it was just a mess...

However one thing I am really confused about, is there no support for HTML5/CSS3 Flexbox? It's been around for quite a while now, and is one of the main features I expect from a browser that claims it's HTML5 compatible.
Without it many websites don't really display correctly right now.
Is there any plan to add flexbox support? - Or am I just messing something up and there actually is support already?

gkreidl

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:55 am

Parakoopa wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:59 pm
Hi, first thank you for this great browser! Experimented with Chrome on the raspberry before and it was just a mess...

However one thing I am really confused about, is there no support for HTML5/CSS3 Flexbox? It's been around for quite a while now, and is one of the main features I expect from a browser that claims it's HTML5 compatible.
Without it many websites don't really display correctly right now.
Is there any plan to add flexbox support? - Or am I just messing something up and there actually is support already?
I'm completely dependent on the webkit engine in this respect. The development of the webkit1-engine has come to an end (except for bug fixes). I'm planning to switch to the webkit2gtkv4 engine in the future. Unfortunately the API has changed a lot and this will require a complete rewrite of the most critical parts and this will take some time.

gkreidl

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:33 pm

While testing the kweb suite on Stretch I discovered some issues with omxplayerGUI, which I hadn't noticed before (because I'm mostly using an older omxplayer version). The issues are not related to Stretch and so I decided to publish one more Jessie version (1.7.9.7). This version includes a more robust way of stopping running omxplayer processes, which should work in all cases. It will become available in a few days.

The Stretch version (should be 1.9.7.8) requires a lot more testing before I'll be able to publish it.

gkreidl

Version 1.7.9.7 "Jessie final" is now available

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:45 am

Version 1.7.9.7 (for Jessie) has just been published.
If you have already installed the kweb suite, use the "Check program update" function on kweb's menu page for updating.

nlc

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Dear gkreidl,

I successfully worked on kweb on a raspberry at home, and I try to install a similar kiosk installation on a remote raspberry (I have no physical access on this raspberry).

To expose my problem, on my raspberry, kweb is launched in kiosk mode in a .xinitrc script, this way :

kweb -JKR /home/pi/control-screen/index.html

The index.html web page contains this iframe, to play a local video (through a playlist file) :

Code: Select all

<iframe src="/home/pi/control-screen/lock_cccc.m3u" width="0" height="0" id="video"></iframe>
The lock_cccc.m3u content is :

Code: Select all

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,omxoptions=--win;0,150,1920,1080;--loop;--no-osd;stop
/home/pi/control-screen/lock_cccc.mov
Everything is fine, and if I do a ps aux command, I have :
pi 1917 0.0 1.7 31400 13436 tty1 Sl 18:10 0:00 omxplayergui av file:///home/pi/control-screen/lock_cccc.m3u audio/x-mpegurl
pi 1922 0.0 0.3 4652 2792 tty1 S 18:10 0:00 /bin/bash /usr/bin/omxplayer --win 0,150,1920,1080 --loop --no-osd --no-keys /home/pi/control-screen/lock_cccc.
pi 1931 5.4 4.5 133332 34436 tty1 Sl 18:10 0:38 /usr/bin/omxplayer.bin --win 0,150,1920,1080 --loop --no-osd --no-keys /home/pi/control-screen/lock_cccc.mov >
But on the remote raspberry, with exactly same index.html file, same video, same m3u file, same kweb version, the omxplayer options passed in the m3u file are not used. We can see that with ps aux command :
pi 3409 35.0 2.7 54620 20368 tty1 Sl 16:26 0:00 omxplayergui av file:///home/pi/control-screen/lock_cccc.m3u audio/x-mpegurl
pi 3412 1.0 0.3 4652 2748 tty1 S 16:26 0:00 /bin/bash /usr/bin/omxplayer --vol 0 --win 81 20 1286 698 --dbus_name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.omxplayer15054063826 /home/pi/control-screen/lock_cccc.mov
pi 3431 54.0 3.6 116620 27796 tty1 Rl 16:26 0:00 /usr/bin/omxplayer.bin --vol 0 --win 81 20 1286 698 --dbus_name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.omxplayer15054063826 /home/pi/control-screen/lock_cccc.mov
Any idea why ?
I guess there is a different configuration somewhere, but I don't know where. I remember on my local raspberry I played with kweb configuration webpage, maybe I need to do the same on the remote raspberry ?
Regards,
Cyril

gkreidl

Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:09 am

nlc wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:29 pm
Dear gkreidl,
Any idea why ?
I guess there is a different configuration somewhere, but I don't know where. I remember on my local raspberry I played with kweb configuration webpage, maybe I need to do the same on the remote raspberry ?
Regards,
Cyril
You have not activated the "overlay" preset on the remote machine.
Copy /usr/local/bin/kwebhelper_settings.py from your local RPi to the remote one (without changing the access rights).
You can also edit /usr/local/bin/kwebhelper_settings.py on the remote machine directly by setting:
omxplayer_in_terminal_for_video=False
omxplayer_in_terminal_for_audio=False
useAudioplayer=False
useVideoplayer=False

cjan

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:58 am

when stretch version (omxplayer-gui) ready? before that can not move to stretch.

nugatory

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:36 pm

account lon in

kweb working great for me, other than ability to log in to services such as webmail, or anything that require a login.

Any ideas? Thanks

gkreidl

Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:49 am

cjan wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:58 am
when stretch version (omxplayer-gui) ready? before that can not move to stretch.
I'm not really sure how long it will take. But if you really need it, you can install the latest Jessie version.
To keep compatibility with the next version, install youtube-dl via pip first (and skip the youtube installation during kweb installation):
sudo apt-get python-pip
sudo pip install youtube-dl

kweb and omyplayerGUI work well, kweb3 misses some settings modifications (and will not be accelerated any more, because the accelerated webkitgtk version is not available any more).
There's one known problem at the moment: If you move the position slider of a web video (running inside the browser), it will freeze. This seems to be a gstreamer problem, which I'm still exploring.

gkreidl

Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:50 am

nugatory wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:36 pm
account lon in

kweb working great for me, other than ability to log in to services such as webmail, or anything that require a login.

Any ideas? Thanks
Did you enable Cookies?
It might also be a good idea to disable private browsing (on the configuration page).

nlc

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 pm

gkreidl wrote:
Copy /usr/local/bin/kwebhelper_settings.py from your local RPi to the remote one (without changing the access rights).
You can also edit /usr/local/bin/kwebhelper_settings.py on the remote machine directly by setting:
useAudioplayer=False
useVideoplayer=False
Thank you gkreidl.

I found another way before you answer, by not using m3u file to launch video from my index.html file, but the youtube-dl server. It can provide me better video control option in the future, it's why I switched to it.
And with youtube-dl server, parameters for video are passed in the url, it worked fine on my remote raspberry.

Now I just have another question, do you thing it can be possible to have the cursor mouse visible over a running video on the browser ?
Just imagine multiple small videos running in the browser, my goal is to be able to put the cursor on a video, and launch it in full screen when cliqued. It works but the cursor disappear when it is over the videos.

Regards
Cyril

gkreidl

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:37 am

nlc wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 pm
gkreidl wrote:
useAudioplayer=False
useVideoplayer=False
Thank you gkreidl.

I found another way before you answer, by not using m3u file to launch video from my index.html file, but the youtube-dl server. It can provide me better video control option in the future, it's why I switched to it.
And with youtube-dl server, parameters for video are passed in the url, it worked fine on my remote raspberry.

Now I just have another question, do you thing it can be possible to have the cursor mouse visible over a running video on the browser ?
Just imagine multiple small videos running in the browser, my goal is to be able to put the cursor on a video, and launch it in full screen when cliqued. It works but the cursor disappear when it is over the videos.

Regards
Cyril
No, not really. But there's a trick I'm using in omxplayerGUI for the popup menus: If you can catch the mouse event, when it enters a video area, you can set the transparency to 50% (128), end reset it again to 255 when the mouse leaves the video area.

nlc

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:03 am

gkreidl wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:37 am

No, not really. But there's a trick I'm using in omxplayerGUI for the popup menus: If you can catch the mouse event, when it enters a video area, you can set the transparency to 50% (128), end reset it again to 255 when the mouse leaves the video area.
I had the same idea and I tried a little permanent transparency on the video, with a white background under the video. It works, but when in full screen I need to have the cursor on the video too (to be able to click on some part of the video), and the true video without transparency.

But unfortunately, it seems it will be impossible ?

Return to “Raspbian”