gkreidl

kweb in kusti8's repository

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:30 am

kweb is now also available from kusti8's repository. If you add this repository to your sources.list you can install and upgrade kweb with apt-get.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install kweb
kusti8 created this repository to supply recent chromium-browser versions and also for his rpi-youtube package. This package and the matching extension from the Chrome web store add a similar functionality to the chromium-browser as kweb's "Play" button: play web video(s) from the current web page with omxplayerGUI (in a window or full screen, depending on your settings). It works with all websites supported by youtube-dl (600+) and also with all statically embedded HTML5 videos.

As he is using omxplayerGUI he needed to to add the kweb package as a dependency. Although kweb is installed from a debian package, this package wasn't very well suited to be added to a repository. Together we worked out a solution, which is now published as kweb_1.7.0-3_armhf.deb. I updated my own download archive with the same package.

This is not a new version; it only changes the installation procedure a little bit. Nevertheless you will be offered an upgrade when you add kusti8's repository to your system, because we had to modify the release number. Just run it, to get rid of further upgrade offers until a really new version is available.

How to add the repository (and install chromium-browser and the rpi-youtube package if you want to):
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=121195
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

cadguru

Re: Minimal Kiosk Browser

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:18 am

Hi there,

I understand that this is the thread for support issues about kweb. I have a problem with a previous working kiosk on raspberry pi b. The displayed webpage should show a simple welcome page where after every few seconds new content is fetched from the server and shown in the content section using javascript.

The page has worked on the RPi and is still working on every other browser (on Windows and Linux) but not on kweb3. It seems that the initial load of the static page stuck and therefore the javascript timer is not firing (for instance there is no display of a background-image). I have no idea where to start looking for this.

If this question should get be moved anywhere different please update it or send me the information to do so.

Any help would be appreciated

tia

Sebastian

lemarkk

Re: 720p web video in kweb 1.7.0

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:38 pm

gkreidl wrote:kweb can now play 360p video inside the browser on a RPi3 without any problems (this has been only possible in kweb3 so far, using GPU acceleration). But it can even do more. There's a hidden feature built into kweb:
What resolution does omxplayer play youtube videos at?

gkreidl

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:18 am

cadguru wrote:Hi there,

I understand that this is the thread for support issues about kweb. I have a problem with a previous working kiosk on raspberry pi b. The displayed webpage should show a simple welcome page where after every few seconds new content is fetched from the server and shown in the content section using javascript.

The page has worked on the RPi and is still working on every other browser (on Windows and Linux) but not on kweb3. It seems that the initial load of the static page stuck and therefore the javascript timer is not firing (for instance there is no display of a background-image). I have no idea where to start looking for this.

If this question should get be moved anywhere different please update it or send me the information to do so.

Any help would be appreciated

tia

Sebastian
Is Javascript enabled when the browser starts?
Try kweb instead of kweb3 (for testing).
For everything else I need more information. Send me a PM.
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

gkreidl

Re: 720p web video in kweb 1.7.0

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:26 am

lemarkk wrote:
gkreidl wrote:kweb can now play 360p video inside the browser on a RPi3 without any problems (this has been only possible in kweb3 so far, using GPU acceleration). But it can even do more. There's a hidden feature built into kweb:
What resolution does omxplayer play youtube videos at?
720p.
Higher resolutions are sent as separate audio and video streams, which omxplayer cannot handle.
This is only true for youtube.com. vimeo videos are played at higher resolutions, for example.
The preset youtube-dl quality option is "-f best" which means: get the best resolution which contains video and audio in one stream.

oozo

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Hello,

I need to troubleshoot a problem using Raspberry + Kweb3 + my application and to do so i need access to the javascript console (output) .. It is possible using kweb ?

Att

gkreidl

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:44 pm

oozo wrote:Hello,

I need to troubleshoot a problem using Raspberry + Kweb3 + my application and to do so i need access to the javascript console (output) .. It is possible using kweb ?

Att
Kweb doesn't include such development tools. But you could use any webkit based browser which supports it for testing.

scarf

omxplayerGUI issues

Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:32 pm

1. Video doesn't set right in the window (see attached screenshot). Doesn't matter what video is playing, or what size i make the window or where i put it on the desktop, the video is always to the left and up from where it should be. Maybe this could be fixed by fine-tuning the --win option for omxplayer, but i'm not sure where to specify this option, is there a default config file for omxplayer?

2. Keyboard controls don't work. i have some volume controls on my keyboard, which i successfully setup to control the system volume by adding entries to my ~/.config/openbox/lxde-pi-rc.xml that execute a command like "amixer set PCM 200+", for example. However, when omxplayer is running, these controls don't do anything to the playing video's volume. The controls still turn the system volume up/down but this has no effect on the playing video. How can i tell omxplayer to use the system sound instead of it's own?

3. Fullscreen. How to toggle fullscreen mode on and off?

thanks
Attachments
photo_2016-04-13_11-16-57.jpg
photo_2016-04-13_11-16-57.jpg (49.99 KiB) Viewed 4553 times

gkreidl

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:26 am

1) Offset: obviously the frame buffer (XORG) and omxplayer are using a different coordinate system. This always happens, when you use "overscan" and framebuffer settings. omxplayer, kodi and all software using the screen hardware directly, use the hardware coordinates of the current screen resolution, while the frame buffer (used by the GUI) has a different size.
Remove all overscan and framebuffer size settings fom boot/config.txt. Overscan is never needed for monitors, and TVs can be set to the right screen size (no borders etc) from their menu functions.
BTW, that is also covered in the manual.
2) omxplayer doesn't use alsa or pulseaudio or whatever for audio. It sends sound directly to the hardware. So your special keyboard commands have no effect.

Full screen (or refresh mode) can be selected before starting a video. If you start in window mode, you can switch to "simulated full screen mode" by pressing ALT+h (hide controls) followed by ALT+f (full screen). Use the same commands again to return to window mode.

Gammon

Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:34 am

Anyone having a problem with the window size on the new 7" touchscreen with a Pi3? I'm using matchbox as the window manager and when kweb loads there are scroll bars on both the top and bottom as if the screen was larger than the 800x480 that the touchscreen actually is. I don't see any options in matchbox to adjust this and I tried changing the video settings in /boot/config.txt with no luck. I must be missing something simple.

gkreidl

Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:08 am

Gammon wrote:Anyone having a problem with the window size on the new 7" touchscreen with a Pi3? I'm using matchbox as the window manager and when kweb loads there are scroll bars on both the top and bottom as if the screen was larger than the 800x480 that the touchscreen actually is. I don't see any options in matchbox to adjust this and I tried changing the video settings in /boot/config.txt with no luck. I must be missing something simple.
I cannot test that. Do you use some special configuration options?

Gammon

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:02 pm

gkreidl wrote:
Gammon wrote:Anyone having a problem with the window size on the new 7" touchscreen with a Pi3? I'm using matchbox as the window manager and when kweb loads there are scroll bars on both the top and bottom as if the screen was larger than the 800x480 that the touchscreen actually is. I don't see any options in matchbox to adjust this and I tried changing the video settings in /boot/config.txt with no luck. I must be missing something simple.
I cannot test that. Do you use some special configuration options?
Thanks for the reply! Turns out I'm just an idiot. There was a small margin in the html page that was making the scroll bars show. I cleared it out and now the bars are gone.

Separately, do you by chance have an example of launching an auto-play video from inside an iframe using omxplayer? I saw one somewhere and can't find it now.

gkreidl

Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:18 am

Gammon wrote: Separately, do you by chance have an example of launching an auto-play video from inside an iframe using omxplayer? I saw one somewhere and can't find it now.
Manual, page 65, "Executing a command when an HTML page is loaded"

cjan

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:56 am

there is a problem.
everytime update, omxplayer-gui setting was gone.

gkreidl

Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:02 pm

cjan wrote:there is a problem.
It's not clear to me what you mean.

cjan

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:00 pm

gkreidl wrote:
update from Kusti8's repos.

johndavies

Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Is there any way of creating a stand alone radio station player through omxplayer gui using omxaudioplayer? I have set up the Internet Radio page using the advice given in the KWEB manual. You can add radio stations to the Streaming Section and give them a full radio station name. This page also allows you to set up music playlists which can be played. They can also be played independently of the Minimal Kiosk Browser using omxplayergui. I can set up a simple radio station playlist by opening up a Text Editor (Leafpad) and entering the radio stations in the following way:
File=http://url of first radio station
File=http://url of second radio station and so on
The playlist is saved by using a meaningful title such as bbcnationalstations.pls. When the file is opened using omxplayergui, the urls are shown in a shortened form. Sometimes the station can be easily identified; sometimes it cannot. I would like a way of providing radio station names which does not rely on the station url and which can be loaded independently of the Minimal Kiosk Browser.

gkreidl

Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:07 pm

johndavies wrote:Is there any way of creating a stand alone radio station player through omxplayer gui using omxaudioplayer? I have set up the Internet Radio page using the advice given in the KWEB manual. You can add radio stations to the Streaming Section and give them a full radio station name. This page also allows you to set up music playlists which can be played. They can also be played independently of the Minimal Kiosk Browser using omxplayergui. I can set up a simple radio station playlist by opening up a Text Editor (Leafpad) and entering the radio stations in the following way:
File=http://url of first radio station
File=http://url of second radio station and so on
The playlist is saved by using a meaningful title such as bbcnationalstations.pls. When the file is opened using omxplayergui, the urls are shown in a shortened form. Sometimes the station can be easily identified; sometimes it cannot. I would like a way of providing radio station names which does not rely on the station url and which can be loaded independently of the Minimal Kiosk Browser.
Yes. One way would be to manually create a M3U playlist using the extended format (station name + URL). You can copy the URLs (and station names, if included) from downloaded PLS (or M3U) files.

johndavies

Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:37 pm

My technical knowledge is rather limited so I did not really understand gkriedl's advice and I carried on experimenting. I had some successes in putting radio station titles inside an omxaudioplayer box. Eventually I found a pattern. Radio stations and their titles had to be entered into a Text Editor in the following fashion
File1=http://rest of radio url
Title1=Radio station name
File2=http://rest of another radio url
Title2=Another radio station name and so on.
You need to enter numbered pairs of File and Title and when you have finished save the text file e.g. USRock.pls. To play a station scroll through the titles and left click on your choice.
Last edited by johndavies on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kusti8

Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:47 pm

cjan wrote:
gkreidl wrote:
update from Kusti8's repos.
I have no idea what you are saying. Picture? A clear explanation?
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

gkreidl

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:16 pm

cjan wrote: update from Kusti8's repos.
Maybe he means the common settings file for the kweb environment (kwebhelper, omxpayerGUI, youtuvbe-dl-server).
Yes, this is always overwritten by an update including three presets.
To save your settings across updates, create your own presets: edit some settings, scroll to the bottom, enter a preset name and save the preset. Now it's always available with a mouse click. Your own presets are always kept and even patched, when the settings format is changed (which happened in version 1.7.0).
After updating you get back your own settings by clicking the preset name. BTW, I have always about 5-7 different presets on my systems.

cjan

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:21 am

thanks, never scroll to the bottom.
and, sorry for poor english.

Gammon

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Are there any known issues switching from kweb to kweb3? I have a Pi3 with 7" touchscreen running a page with some iframes, one of which is for video and the others html. It also uses omxplayer OUTSIDE kweb to overlay some video (it was too choppy inside the iframe). Everything works great with kweb but when I change to kweb3 something is changing with borders, margins, screen size - not sure - and pushing the frames into the wrong places. The command line options in the script are -KHCUAJ and the only thing I changed was kweb to kweb3 in the command line.

I wanted to try kweb3 since it's supposed to have better embedded video performance so maybe I wouldn't have to overlay omxplayer and could play the video in an iframe instead.

Any info/suggestions are much appreciated!

gkreidl

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Gammon wrote:Are there any known issues switching from kweb to kweb3? I have a Pi3 with 7" touchscreen running a page with some iframes, one of which is for video and the others html. It also uses omxplayer OUTSIDE kweb to overlay some video (it was too choppy inside the iframe). Everything works great with kweb but when I change to kweb3 something is changing with borders, margins, screen size - not sure - and pushing the frames into the wrong places. The command line options in the script are -KHCUAJ and the only thing I changed was kweb to kweb3 in the command line.

I wanted to try kweb3 since it's supposed to have better embedded video performance so maybe I wouldn't have to overlay omxplayer and could play the video in an iframe instead.

Any info/suggestions are much appreciated!
kweb3 uses the same (patched) webkit3 library as epiphany and has basically the same bugs (coming from the library, not kweb3 itself). I could get rid of some bugs by disabling HW accelerated scrolling, though.
On a RPi3 kweb can play 360p web video (also TV SD quality video) in perfect quality without using HW support and it has none of the bugs of kweb3. The only important difference is the Javascript JIT compiler: in kweb3 Javascript performance is about twice as fast as in kweb.

pontypool

Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:34 pm

is video lan missing from this newer version ?

Return to “Raspbian”