gkreidl

Re: Kweb Suite (Minimal Kiosk Browser, omxplayerGUI)

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:05 am

Lavsmaster wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:45 am
Hello.
I'm doing a project on Raspberry3 Stretch.
To autostart KWeb I use the code:

kweb -KFJHCUA+-zbhrqfpoklgtjeduwxy /home/pi/myprog/index.html &

To run the Bash script from the Html page I use the code:

<a href="file:///homepage.html?cmd=/home/pi/myprog/driver/./on2.sh">On</a>

The script is executed (I light the LED) all ok.
But at the moment of execution of the script in the foreground for a moment the white or black terminal window opens and then disappears.
It's not beautiful, how to fix it?
Except for desktop programs (if recognized) all commands are by default executed in a terminal (lxterminal). You can avoid this by adding your script(s) on the settings page to the direct_commands list. In your case you have to add the full path (at the bottom):
/home/pi/myprog/driver/./on2.sh
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

cjan

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:58 am

ArchArm aur had kweb build ;)

fruitoftheloom

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 am

cjan wrote:

Appears to be an old version:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/kweb/
Adieu

gkreidl

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:32 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 am
cjan wrote:

Appears to be an old version:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/kweb/
No, this seems to be based on my latest Stretch release.
But personally I do not support Arch and so I cannot guarantee that everything will work as it does on the Raspberry Pi.
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

playdoh

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm

I am trying to add the iframe so that I can control the player with the youtube-dl-server and I am getting an error on the player when I try to load my local video.

Here is my iframe:
<iframe src="http://localhost:9192/dplay? url=file:///usr/local.../video1.mp4&omxoptions=--win;0,0,1920,1000;--loop;stop" width="0" height="0" name="video"></iframe>

It is just showing:
Unable to load page Problem occurred while loading the URL

gkreidl

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:20 pm

playdoh wrote:
I am trying to add the iframe so that I can control the player with the youtube-dl-server and I am getting an error on the player when I try to load my local video.

Here is my iframe:
<iframe src="http://localhost:9192/dplay? url=file:///usr/local.../video1.mp4&omxoptions=--win;0,0,1920,1000;--loop;stop" width="0" height="0" name="video"></iframe>

It is just showing:
Is there really a space between "?" and "url"?

playdoh

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:19 pm

gkreidl wrote:
playdoh wrote:

Here is my iframe:

It is just showing:
There is no space, this was an error when I copy pasted. Still have the same error:

Problem occured while loading URL http://localhost:9192/dplay?url=file:// ... options=--...

Could not connect: Connection refused

Is this maybe a permission issue?

Edit: Even when I try to play the Big Bunny video using the iframe in the manual I am getting the same error:
<iframe src="http://localhost:9192/dplay?url=http:// ... p"width="0" height="0" name="video"></iframe>

Edit2:
I realized of was not actually running the youtube-dl server. After running the .sh script to run it quietly in the background, everything worked properly. I am using this as a kiosk application so would it be a good idea to start the server right when the raspberry pi is turned on or should I implement some javascript to start it up when the webpage is loaded?

Using this method, would I be able to apply an event listener for every time my video finishes playing? I also want to add a heartbeat that monitors the status of the player. Is this done through dbus?

gkreidl

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:30 am

playdoh wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:19 pm
gkreidl wrote:
playdoh wrote:

Here is my iframe:

It is just showing:
There is no space, this was an error when I copy pasted. Still have the same error:

Problem occured while loading URL http://localhost:9192/dplay?url=file:// ... options=--...

Could not connect: Connection refused

Is this maybe a permission issue?

Edit: Even when I try to play the Big Bunny video using the iframe in the manual I am getting the same error:
<iframe src="http://localhost:9192/dplay?url=http:// ... p"width="0" height="0" name="video"></iframe>

Edit2:
I realized of was not actually running the youtube-dl server. After running the .sh script to run it quietly in the background, everything worked properly. I am using this as a kiosk application so would it be a good idea to start the server right when the raspberry pi is turned on or should I implement some javascript to start it up when the webpage is loaded?

Using this method, would I be able to apply an event listener for every time my video finishes playing? I also want to add a heartbeat that monitors the status of the player. Is this done through dbus?
There are two dbus commands that return information about the video: duration and position. The position command could bee used for monitoring the video.

playdoh

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:46 pm

I got the video to start up using the youtube-dl server and wrote a python script to return the status of the player. There are a few more features I would like to implement and I was hoping you could let me know if they are possible. Just a quick outline of the project:
- NodeJS running
- kweb 3 opens up a dynamically loaded webpage with a nogui windowed video playing on loop that will open using the iframe with the youtube-dl pointing to a local video.

As I have mentioned, I am running a node server on the Pi and would ideally rather have the javascript call a heartbeat check for the player status/tvstatus/browserstatus. Right now I just have python scripts to check for the player status through youtube-dl dbus commands.
1. Is there any way to get event indicators for when a video has finished playing? I have to settings set to loop and would like to know when the next video actually starts or what video is actually playing which leads to my next question:
2. If I has an ending indicator I could play a second video by changing the source through javascript. What would be the best way to get the player to cycle through a playlist of local videos? Dynamically changing the src? Trying to time when the video ends with the duration command?

gkreidl

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:00 pm

playdoh wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:46 pm
I got the video to start up using the youtube-dl server and wrote a python script to return the status of the player. There are a few more features I would like to implement and I was hoping you could let me know if they are possible. Just a quick outline of the project:
- NodeJS running
- kweb 3 opens up a dynamically loaded webpage with a nogui windowed video playing on loop that will open using the iframe with the youtube-dl pointing to a local video.

As I have mentioned, I am running a node server on the Pi and would ideally rather have the javascript call a heartbeat check for the player status/tvstatus/browserstatus. Right now I just have python scripts to check for the player status through youtube-dl dbus commands.
1. Is there any way to get event indicators for when a video has finished playing? I have to settings set to loop and would like to know when the next video actually starts or what video is actually playing which leads to my next question:
2. If I has an ending indicator I could play a second video by changing the source through javascript. What would be the best way to get the player to cycle through a playlist of local videos? Dynamically changing the src? Trying to time when the video ends with the duration command?
You can do that from any language which can communicate with the ytdl-server via http.
I would use the duration and position commands to check for the video end time and start the next video accordingly.

playdoh

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Is there any way to start up omxplayerGUI with the no-gui/overlay presets that I changed in kweb but through javascript?

gkreidl

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 pm

playdoh wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:55 pm
Is there any way to start up omxplayerGUI with the no-gui/overlay presets that I changed in kweb but through javascript?
Yes, of course, using the ytdl-server. You'll find a list of all commands in the omxplayerGUI manual. But the dplay (direct play) command will return a (very simple) HTML page.

bnjroos

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:23 am

Hi everybody,

Is there a way to setup the resolution of kweb to UHD in kiosk mode ?

Thanks,

gkreidl

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:01 am

bnjroos wrote:
Hi everybody,

Thanks,
By default in kiosk mode kweb will automatically use the full screen size (whatever it is).

bnjroos

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:48 am

gkreidl wrote:
bnjroos wrote:
Hi everybody,

Thanks,
By default in kiosk mode kweb will automatically use the full screen size (whatever it is).
Ok, perfect then, I need to try it now on a UHD tv :P

priasavant

Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:12 am

gkreidl wrote:
bnjroos wrote:
Hi everybody,

Thanks,
How to make the javascript on by default?

gkreidl

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:20 am

priasavant wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:12 am
gkreidl wrote:
bnjroos wrote:
Hi everybody,

Thanks,
How to make the javascript on by default?
Either by adding 'J' to the command line options string or setting it from kweb menu configuration page (this creates a config fle which is used if no command line options are given).

playdoh

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:32 pm

Hello again,

Just to remind you what my project entails, this is what I have so far:

- A kiosk device using node
- boots up and opens the browser to my index.html which triggers my javascript to fill the very bottom of my page with some information white a small iframe opens a windowed video that plays on top of the browser (using ytdl)

Everything is running smoothly but now I am trying to set up few different things:
- Firstly, I would like to start the video without having an iFrame. Since I am running a node server, it seems odd to me to put this command in the browser as opposed to my javascript. What are are the differences in just running omxplayer through my javascript as opposed to the omxplayergui or through the ytdl server? Do any of these have playlist support for many videos? Which is the best option for development and communication for status checks?
- Secondly, What would be the best approach to monitor kweb and omxplayer through javascript?

Thanks

gkreidl

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:22 am

playdoh wrote:
Hello again,

- boots up and opens the browser to my index.html which triggers my javascript to fill the very bottom of my page with some information white a small iframe opens a windowed video that plays on top of the browser (using ytdl)

Everything is running smoothly but now I am trying to set up few different things:
- Firstly, I would like to start the video without having an iFrame. Since I am running a node server, it seems odd to me to put this command in the browser as opposed to my javascript. What are are the differences in just running omxplayer through my javascript as opposed to the omxplayergui or through the ytdl server? Do any of these have playlist support for many videos? Which is the best option for development and communication for status checks?
- Secondly, What would be the best approach to monitor kweb and omxplayer through javascript?

Thanks
The iframe method is only used to avoid Javascript. If you are using Javascript (client side) on your web application, you can use all ytdl-server commands to start, stop and control videos. There are basically two commands types you can use:
dplay (direct play) providing the video URL and appropriate omxoptions. It doesn't return anything.
the omxcmd which can be used to control or monitor the video player instance (even multiple instances). All these commands return something as plain text.

playdoh

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:26 pm

gkreidl wrote:
playdoh wrote:
Hello again,

Thanks
The iframe method is only used to avoid Javascript. If you are using Javascript (client side) on your web application, you can use all ytdl-server commands to start, stop and control videos. There are basically two commands types you can use:
dplay (direct play) providing the video URL and appropriate omxoptions. It doesn't return anything.
the omxcmd which can be used to control or monitor the video player instance (even multiple instances). All these commands return something as plain text.
Is there any way to play a playlist of multiple mp4's using the ytdl commands?

gkreidl

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:37 pm

playdoh wrote:
gkreidl wrote:
playdoh wrote:
Hello again,

Thanks
Yes, use the playlist uri with the dplay command.

playdoh

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:42 pm

gkreidl wrote:
playdoh wrote:
gkreidl wrote:

This seems to be used for audio files only? I have a group of videos with a media manifest JSON file. I want to play the videos in a playlist and then loop the entire playlist. Can this be done using this?

gkreidl

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:53 pm

playdoh wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:42 pm
gkreidl wrote:
playdoh wrote:

This seems to be used for audio files only? I have a group of videos with a media manifest JSON file. I want to play the videos in a playlist and then loop the entire playlist. Can this be done using this?
You can use M3U playlist files for anything, not just audio.

pofoklempner

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Hello,

the Omxplayer does not start anymore with the Raspberry Pi from 13.03.2018.

pofoklemper

gkreidl

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:22 am

pofoklempner wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:12 pm
Hello,

the Omxplayer does not start anymore with the Raspberry Pi from 13.03.2018.

pofoklemper
Do you mean "omxplayer" or "omxplayerGUI". Did you start it manually (the frontend)?. If you start it from a terminal, can you see any error messages? Are you using a freshly installed image or an updated system.

All my working systems are on Jessie still (for a number of reasons). I've one experimental system on another HD running Stretch which I use for Stretch testing and development. I'll update it tomorrow and and check for any kind of problems. But I cannot check, if something is missing on the latest image.

Return to “Raspbian”