JollyRoger

FocusWriter - could we have the latest version?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:18 am

FocusWriter seems to be quite popular with Pi users. Unfortunately the version in the repo is out-of-date and has limited functionality. Could we have the latest version (v, 1.4.1) please?

Thanks

Jessie

Re: FocusWriter - could we have the latest version?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:01 pm

You need to petition the people who maintain the distro you are using and not the people who created the hardware. Could you let us know which distro you are using so this thread can be moved to the proper section of the forums?

Spid

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:48 pm

I will always assume you are running Raspbian for desktop and Raspbmc for XMBC !

Jessie

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm going to move this into the Raspbian section and leave a stub here. That way it can be found here or in the Rasbian part of the forum (so as not to confuse the OP.) But to be clear this belonged in the Raspbian section in the first place.

JollyRoger

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:35 am

Thanks Jessie for moving this. My apologies for choosing the wrong section of the Forum - I should have known better.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Sorry but focuswriter in raspbian wheezy will not be updated to a newer upstream version.

The problem is every deviation we make from debian carries the potential to break stuff and/or cause future maintinance headaches. So to stay sane we have to keep such deviations to a minimum.

When debian jessie is created it will almost certainly pick up the new version of focuswriter from debian sid. Raspbian jessie will in turn pick up the new focuswriter from debian jessie.

P.S. the fact that one of our moderators shares a name with the next release of debian (and hence raspbian) is entirely coincidental.

Jessie

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:46 am

I like to think that they chose the next version to honor me.

Return to “Raspbian”