metachris

Adding RPIO to the Raspbian repository

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 am

I'd like to start a discussion about adding RPIO to the Raspbian repository.

RPIO is an advanced GPIO module with GPIO interrupts, TCP socket interrupts, PWM via DMA and more. A few days ago I've implemented Debian .deb package builds into the build-toolchain, and I'm curious about interest to add it to the repos.
Feedback is much appreciated!

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Adding RPIO to the Raspbian repository

Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:21 am

Doesn't sound like an unreasonable request, i'll try and take a look over the weekend.

In the meantime does anyone here have any comments on rpio and it's packaging?

AutoStatic

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm

No, looks good to me. Only Standards-Version might be bumped (it's now at 3.8.4).
RPi and real-time, low-latency audio: http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/raspberrypi
RPi audio repository: http://rpi.autostatic.com/
RPi and audio blog: https://autostatic.com/tag/raspberrypi/

metachris

Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:08 pm

AutoStatic wrote:No, looks good to me. Only Standards-Version might be bumped (it's now at 3.8.4).
Good catch, thanks! I've updated RPIO to 0.10.1 with the current Standards-Version of 3.9.3.1 (comes from here:)

Code: Select all

$ apt-cache show debian-policy | grep Version
Version: 3.9.3.1
pythonhosted.org/RPIO

sej7278

Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:11 pm

looks good to me too, its pretty much packaged the same as GPIO. i've been using the debs for a few days now no problems - including upgrading three times.

debian packages are much better than the previous easy_install setup which is deprecated.

RPIO certainly is moving ahead of GPIO and seems to be more actively maintained.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:32 pm

I notice that the dsc file is signed but the key used to sign it doesn't appear to be available on the public keyservers. I'd feel much more comfortable seeing a signature from a key that is well connected in the web of trust. Afaict people are a lot less likely to do bad things if they can't hide behind anonymity or psuedonymity.

Has anyone other than the original author taken a good look at the actual code? I have neither the time or the python knowlage to feel i'm doing a good job of doing so.

metachris

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 pm

I've just uploaded the key to the Ubuntu keyserver; should propagate shortly, and will connect it in the web of trust.

Return to “Raspbian”