charliesroot

Re: xbmc .debs build from latest git.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:44 am

drgr33n wrote: Anyway I've updated to the latest git and included the resolution fix.
Enjoy.
BTW, how do I disable automounting in XBMC?

Cheers,

olsen

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:59 pm

There are still a few issues:

- keyboard doesn't work in search dialog

- aptitude confuses drgr33n's xbmc with raspbian's xbmc and complains about xbmc-bin (dependency of raspbian's xbmc) missing. Seems to be a name clash.

amyren

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:17 pm

I installed this on the latest wheezy (09.feb)., following the exellent instructions.

But comparing the whole setup to my previous raspian/xbmc setup, doesnt make me feel there have been much improvement in either the raspian desktop experience or xbmc.
My other SD card with wheezy based on the july release and the tomaz xbmc build does feel over all more responsive.
This could probably be the latest wheezy release itself that causes this, based on what I've read in another thread about the latest release performance.

Some issues with this setup:
-Xbmc will not exit to shell. Exiting from xbmc gives me a black screen, so I need to pull the power on the Pi to get back to using it.
-Previous xbmc installations will ask the user if you want xbmc to autostart at boot. I didnt find this option now. I prefer the xbmc autostart, because it gives me 5 seconds delay before launching it and the option to interupt it if I want to go to the shell or x-environment instead.
-Launching xbmc from the lxde menu gives the opengl error.

actimelryan

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:09 pm

hi, i have installed XBMC which supports airplay, although i cannot get the airplay to work from my Ipod touch. I have enabled it through the settings and have audio but cannot connect. I have tried on my friends network and it works fine, but not on mine. Any suggestions?

dpsharp164

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:21 pm

drgr33n wrote:Sorry guy's but your going to have to wait a bit longer for projectm for raspbian. Everything compiles and runs but crashes XBMC's gui. I'll have to create a debug version of xbmc and take a look at whats going on.

Did you ever get any further with getting projectm working with xbmc? I have been searching the web a lot today for any tips on how to get this going on the raspberrypi and your thread seems to be the furthest along, would be great to have this working.

ellipsis

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:01 am

Lactobacillus wrote:@charliesroot: I used your tutorial. I found 2 errors:
"Install these files one by one:
Code: Select all
sudo dpkg -i libcec_2.0.0-1_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i taglib_20130122-1_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i xbmc_12.0-rc3-5-1_armhf.deb"

The name of the last file is xbmc_12.0rc3-5-1_armhf.deb, not xbmc_12.0-rc3-5-1_armhf.deb.
With the right name it worked fine.

After "cd /usr/lib/ && sudo ln -s libtag.so.1.12.0 libtag.so.1" I rebooted the RPi and tried to start xbmc from the terminal without starting the desktop.
"setterm -cursor off ; clear ; xbmc --standalone --no-test && setterm -cursor on"

Result: /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: symbol bootup error: /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: undefined symbol: vc_tv_display_state

I'm stuck with similar issues to point 1:

sudo dpkg -i taglib_20130122-1_armhf.deb ==> "cannot access archive: No such file or directory"
sudo dpkg -i xbmc_12.0-rc3-5-1_armhf.deb ==> "cannot access archive: No such file or directory"

I assume version issues but would appreciate help. Thanks

junuz

Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:36 pm

I have this -

[email protected] ~ $ xbmc --standalone --no-test
/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: undefined symbol: vc_tv_hdmi_get_supported_modes_new
:shock:

junuz

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:08 am

ellipsis wrote:I'm stuck with similar issues to point 1:

sudo dpkg -i taglib_20130122-1_armhf.deb ==> "cannot access archive: No such file or directory"
sudo dpkg -i xbmc_12.0-rc3-5-1_armhf.deb ==> "cannot access archive: No such file or directory"

I assume version issues but would appreciate help. Thanks
You should be in same directory as your debs are.
You can also try using autocomplete option -
for example, type

sudo dpkg -i xbmc_
and than hit TAB on your keyboard.
Linux will complete the name of your file, or offer you all possibilities.

niallp

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:40 pm

drgr33n wrote:Sorry guy's but your going to have to wait a bit longer for projectm for raspbian. Everything compiles and runs but crashes XBMC's gui. I'll have to create a debug version of xbmc and take a look at whats going on.
Did you ever get any further with projectM on RPi ?

I'm interested in getting it working (as many others are I expect) so any details of what you have tried and where you got stuck would be appreciated, thanks.

Return to “Raspbian”