hackin8

Updated version of pyheighborhood

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:32 pm

I am a new user to RPi - please be gentle!

Everything up and running - great system, very easy to get started.

I installed (get-apt) the graphical network interface pyneighborhood successfully. Unfortunately it does not find any network shares. On double checking the version is 0.5.1 - and according to the developers (https://launchpad.net/pyneighborhood) this is a known issue with older version - the latest one being 0.5.4 which should not have the problem.

I managed to add apt-get-repository to my Pi (missing from distribution - why?) and tried to update from the alternate app. This failed - see below.

Questions -
1) Is it possible for the updated version to be added to the main RPi repository - which would make it much easier for me to upgrade?
2) If not - could anyone suggest how to get the alternate repository added and then update the version?
3) Otherwise any suggestions on alternate graphical network interface that might work better?

TIA

Errors:

Adding repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pyneighborhood/stable
pyneighborhood/stable
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /tmp/tmp.OO5AjPcj4d --trustdb-name /etc/apt//trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys

Trying to update I get:
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/pyneighborhood ... id/Release
Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

Remembering I am a novice at this - I wonder why Executing line has
Ubuntu in it when RPi is essentially running Debian?

hackin8

Re: Updated version of pyheighborhood

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:38 pm

Managed to solve the problem myself:

1) Removed the extra repository listing - as it evidently was failing
2) Installed samba-common-bin (which included nmblookup - which was why pyneighborhood didn't work)

All now working - hope this helps someone else.

dextrus

Re: Updated version of pyheighborhood

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 am

Well done! You are now officially a linux-er. Raspianer? Raspberry? Get used to it, because this doesn't go away, but the feeling of accomplishment says the same. 8-)
Have more FUN with your Pi. Visit www.pi-fun.com

Return to “Raspberry Pi OS”